Shellac repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emk32

Reaction score
Hi all
Feeling a bit deflated at the mo. I had a client come to me for shellac she decided on strawberry smoothie and wanted a sprinkle of glitter over them which I did. I did this on mon now today when I saw my client she has a small chip on one finger! The thing is she had her nails done before with shellac by someone else minus the glitter and they lasted over 2 weeks with no chips! So feel a bit embarrassed aswell as annoyed with myself. I have offered to soak the one nail off and redo free of charge.
When I come to do this do I place just that one finger in the lamp or the whole hand?
Fingers crossed no more chips!
Does everyone else who use glitter on finger nails last to the 14 days? Mine last for ages on toes? Perhaps I just can't get it right on fingers.

Did she come in to complain or did you just see her out and about?

Did you ask what happened?

If it's a chip at the free edge it is quite possible her nails are split / peeling? (delaminating ) and as it came apart the shellac came with it?
That's the only time I find anyone gets chipping not your fault ,

Is she using solar oil ? This will realllly help the condition of her nails and the shellac,

If you do the repair be sure to charge at least a 10th of the price of your shellac treatment ,
If you do it for free she will be back with more issues ! Expecting it for free,

My motto: One nail, One time. Period. My clients know this.

What that means is I'll repair one nail, one time for free. After that, you'll be paying me, honey. PERIOD.

Hi all
Feeling a bit deflated at the mo. I had a client come to me for shellac she decided on strawberry smoothie and wanted a sprinkle of glitter over them which I did. I did this on mon now today when I saw my client she has a small chip on one finger! The thing is she had her nails done before with shellac by someone else minus the glitter and they lasted over 2 weeks with no chips! So feel a bit embarrassed aswell as annoyed with myself. I have offered to soak the one nail off and redo free of charge.
When I come to do this do I place just that one finger in the lamp or the whole hand?
Fingers crossed no more chips!
Does everyone else who use glitter on finger nails last to the 14 days? Mine last for ages on toes? Perhaps I just can't get it right on fingers.

I have only done glitter on fingers twice. The first time it lasted about 7 days, but her friend did tell me that she washes dishes about 4 times a day, cleans house daily and gardens - all WITHOUT gloves! The second time was actually on the aboves friend and hers lasted 3 weeks with not a mark. She followed my after care advice but I did do something different, I did use 2 coats of top coat - not sure if that made a difference but might be worth giving it a go x

I agree with the all of the above comments... just to note, I would ask your client to put her whole hand into the lamp rather than just that one finger.. the bulbs are placed to cure all of the nails perfectly.

If it was down to bad application or something you did wrong, then she would have chips on all of her nails, not just one, so don't be so hard on yourself :hug:

Latest posts

Back