Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First attempt with stamping. (Excuse the nails and dry hands ☺) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385928181.029557.jpg

Ok ok I am loving this idea!! Can someone please give me the link of where to purchase these rings please and a step by step guide if poss?? I have no idea where to start! I have trialled through the pages and looked at all your rings and they are all gorgeous!! :)) xxx

I love these. I used to make glass bead jewellery, so I can't believe I've never thought of this before.
This could have limitless possibilities - I must have a play with it soon.
=^.^=

Ok ok I am loving this idea!! Can someone please give me the link of where to purchase these rings please and a step by step guide if poss?? I have no idea where to start! I have trialled through the pages and looked at all your rings and they are all gorgeous!! :)) xxx

Hi Hun if you go back to the start and read through you will find everything you need! I had to do this the other night xx

One that I made. Love this one
This is it from different angles and in different settings....

1385981575407.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

A tray of 35 rings ready for the school Christmas fair...hope I sell some 😃ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386101564.773530.jpg

Thay look great I'm sure you will do well

Can someone do a step by step. How does the dome bit stick to the ring bit? Think I'm being thick but would like to know how to make these rings.

Can someone do a step by step. How does the dome bit stick to the ring bit? Think I'm being thick but would like to know how to make these rings.

With glue 😀

Most of the info you need is in the thread.

After designing your cabochon (the dome bit) you glue it to either a ring blank (plain band with small flat plate attached to stick things to) or a cabochon ring setting (the ring band with a frame attached the cabochon fits snugly into)

With glue 😀

Most of the info you need is in the thread.

After designing your cabochon (the dome bit) you glue it to either a ring blank (plain band with small flat plate attached to stick things to) or a cabochon ring setting (the ring band with a frame attached the cabochon fits snugly into)

Thanks for that have read through the threads but didn't see a step by step. Xx

One of the mum's at my son's school approached me saying she is doing a craft fair this weekend and wanted to take my rings along for me. Between clients and god knows what else I've been getting these finished and done. Fingers crossed they sell :) This is my final batch before Xmas :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1386260966021.jpg
    1386260966021.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 1386260980660.jpg
    1386260980660.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 1386260991733.jpg
    1386260991733.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 419
One of the mum's at my son's school approached me saying she is doing a craft fair this weekend and wanted to take my rings along for me. Between clients and god knows what else I've been getting these finished and done. Fingers crossed they sell :) This is my final batch before Xmas :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

These and all the others posted in here look fab. Can I ask how much you are selling these for?

Ok, I have looked through the pages but can't see a step by step guide on how to do these and I couldn't find anything on you tube. Can someone please tell me a step by step guide on how to do these? Am I right in thinking you paint the dome bit or the flat part? I am using Gelish so how would I do these?? Thanks in advance as always geeks 😄 xxx

Ok, I have looked through the pages but can't see a step by step guide on how to do these and I couldn't find anything on you tube. Can someone please tell me a step by step guide on how to do these? Am I right in thinking you paint the dome bit or the flat part? I am using Gelish so how would I do these?? Thanks in advance as always geeks 😄 xxx

You paint the underside ( the flat bit) work in reverse to how you would on a nail...ie art then your base colour xx

There's a few ways of doing it, but all on the flat side yes, what I've been doing is stamping/decorating, then using base coat, curing, adding glitter/additives/pigments, then colour coat, cure, colour coat again if needed, cure, then topcoat and cure.
I know some people have been using a clear layer like clearly pink (shellac, not sure about a gelish equivalent sorry), cure, glitter, clear layer again, cure and glitter again, topcoat and cure.

Is that any help?

Yes I think so thank you! I have just ordered some bits so will give it a go.. Just going to be strange doing it backwards!! So... Nail art first (if any) or base coat & glitter, cure, colour coat and cure, colour again if needed and cure then top coat.
Will let u all know how I get on. Excited!! 😋 xxx

Thank you as always geeks 😊💖 xx

Yes I think so thank you! I have just ordered some bits so will give it a go.. Just going to be strange doing it backwards!! So... Nail art first (if any) or base coat & glitter, cure, colour coat and cure, colour again if needed and cure then top coat.
Will let u all know how I get on. Excited!! 😋 xxx

Thank you as always geeks 😊💖 xx

Yes it I awkward doing it backwards, a few times I have forgotten and swore at myself!! Ha ha! Post some pics when your done xx

Latest posts

Back