Shellac Rockstar French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBeautyAngel

Reaction score
Hello!

Wonder if you guys can help me. I have just added shellac Rockstar to my treatment list.

I have been asked for shellac Rockstar but only on the tip of the nail bit like a French polish.

I'm trying to think how I would get the glitter just on the tip but my brain doesn't want to function.

I have searched YouTube and on here but can not find anything.

Here's what I'm thinking, but please correct me if I'm way off.

Prep
Scrub fresh
Base coat 10 sec
A very pale pink cure 2 min
Do the coloured tip cure 2 min
Top coat cure 2 min
Wipe tacky layer

Go back in with the top coat but applying to tip only cure 2 min
Add glitter
Top coat again cure 2 min

Lady is booked in tomorrow but not til 2pm as I wanted to do it on my own nails first.

Thank you :)

what i'd do would be to do the pink first 2 coats and then pop a top coat on top of that.....then put the white on and put glitter into cured white as i find the colours a bit more sticky than the top coat! and then put another top coat on xx

That's great. Thank you for your help :)

I have done this:

Base, cure
colour coat x 2, cure
mix either topcoat or suitable colour into chosen glitter on a plastic dish, use a dotting tool /brush to apply, cure
topcoat, cure

glitter-tip-shellac-001.jpg

I find it works nicely to base coat and cure, pink and cure, wipe sticky layer, paint the tip in the closest colour to your glitter and cure then press glitter into the sticky tip then topcoat (twice if you feel it needs it). No need to faff around doing lots of extra coats or topcoat before the glitter or anything like that!

I have done this:

Base, cure
colour coat x 2, cure
mix either topcoat or suitable colour into chosen glitter on a plastic dish, use a dotting tool /brush to apply, cure
topcoat, cure

glitter-tip-shellac-001.jpg
These look lovely :D x

Heres what i did...

Normal shellac application.
After wiping sticky layer, apply cream puff french tip, sprinkle glitter and press it down.
Cure 2 minutes
Brush off excess glitter and apply top coat
Cure for 2 minutes and wipe with dsperse :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351111837.558808.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351111837.558808.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,737
Heres what i did...

After wiping sticky layer, apply cream puff french tip, sprinkle glitter and press it down.
Cure 2 minutes

Soo pretty xx

Heres what i did...

Cure 2 minutes

Arh I love these x

Heres what i did...

Cure 2 minutes

Gorgeous! Such a well done French,
I wish mines were as good as yours.

Ahh thank you!! I literally did these quickly between clients so maybe not spending too much time on them is the key ;)

Ahh thank you!! I literally did these quickly between clients so maybe not spending too much time on them is the key ;)

So tomorrow I will try a half assed job and hope it turns out like this haha!

I just had a quick practice, I have found once I've cured the glitter and applied top coat bits of glitter is getting on the rest of the nail.

Would it be acceptable to top coat the glitter first to seal it then go over the nail as a whole again to get a super smooth finish.

Sorry if I'm being bit ditzy. This is the first person that has wanted something bit different

Heres what i did...

Cure 2 minutes

Lovely!! x

Fingernail Fixer Rockstar V3 if you want to see it in the flesh.

I get on better making a paste and applying that rather than putting the glitter on the tacky layer.

I tried both ways, making the paste and applying the glitter in the tacky layer, and found the tacky layer way worked for me.

Although the attached picture is Gelish, it's the same way I do Shellac.

I base coat and cure, apply base coat colour (x2 if needed) and cure, then wipe the inhibition layer so there is no tacky residue left.

I apply a French in a colour close to the glitter colour and cure, then brush on/press in my glitter. I will do all fingers this way, then go back to the start and use a nail brush and gently wipe away excess glitter on the nail.

Back to the beginning again and I apply a top coat that I have just for Rockstars that doesn't matter if it picks up glitter, cure, then I will top coat again with my everyday top coat. This will seal in the glitter and make sure there are no lumps and bumps.

I think you need to make sure you are lightly wiping away any excess glitter, and possibly think about having a second top coat which you will use just for your Rockstars.

Attachments

• French.jpg
    French.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 124
I just had a quick practice, I have found once I've cured the glitter and applied top coat bits of glitter is getting on the rest of the nail.

Would it be acceptable to top coat the glitter first to seal it then go over the nail as a whole again to get a super smooth finish.

Sorry if I'm being bit ditzy. This is the first person that has wanted something bit different

I think this way sounds fine, if you need to do it. I would suggest wiping off your brush before placing this back in your bottle so you don't transfer any glitter to the topcoat, although this may waste a little topcoat. But you don't want to be adding glitter to your clients who are glitter haters. :)

Oh, and don't forget to show us your final result! Good luck!

Thank you for your help very much appreciated.

I have 2 bottles of top coat one of them gets used just for the glitters.

Here's a couple I done this morning.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351164788.193138.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351164788.193138.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 245
Thank you for your help very much appreciated.

I have 2 bottles of top coat one of them gets used just for the glitters.

Here's a couple I done this morning.

Love them!
I so need to have a go at doing this!

Kim x

Latest posts

Back