Shellac rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktjane86

Reaction score
Hey guys done RS today on a client.... Done the base coat..(10 sec) Put shellac colour on and then the glitter.. Put under lamp...(2min) then When it comes to using the nail brush to wipe any loose glitter off... some of the glitter came off so u could see the natural nail? Any suggestions why this happened? I had to reapply shellac and add more glitter :-(

Did you topcoat.?

I got taught to wipe of the loose glitter with nail brush and then apply top coat... But this problem happened before applying top coat x

Hey guys done RS today on a client.... Done the base coat..(10 sec) Put shellac colour on and then the glitter.. Put under lamp...(2min) then When it comes to using the nail brush to wipe any loose glitter off... some of the glitter came off so u could see the natural nail? Any suggestions why this happened? I had to reapply shellac and add more glitter :-(

Did you cure your colour before adding the glitter? I always do then I scrub in the glitter then brush off excess then top coat cure and usually another coat of top coat if needed, cure then wipe away sticky layer.. Also check your bulbs :) x

Next time, try patting the glitter down after applying it to the nail very gently with your finger and then LIGHTLY brushing the side wall area and surrounding cuticle area ONLY just to dust off the extra. I use a spare soft brush for this, not a nail brush. Think this will help? Just use less force and a softer brush. I have never had the need to brush off the nail itself. If you use the pour method to apply glitter, just turn the foot sideways and pat off extra glitter onto a paper towel or (better yet, a piece of paper so the glitter is re-useable). That way, there really isn't that much to brush off anyway. HTH.

I dab the glitter on with a gel brush & pat gently with my finger for it to sit in place , cure then 2 top coat. I only lightly brush away loose glitter from around the toe not the nail itself.

Yeah maybe I've been too heavy handed..... I'll try those tips next time thanks girls have a lovely weekend :) x

Latest posts

Back