Shellac scammers help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
I've a weird n what may sound random q here ..
I was having a debate with a stockist of mine .. Not about skincare no no( you'd reckon that'd be what it'd be since I'm training them !)
About shellac and geleration and co

1. So THEY were geleration and said that shellac is actually a hybrid of acrylic and gel - nooooo .. Is it really ?

Then they said ( don't really know why this is relevant now I'm no longer in the conversation ha!)
But I said Cnd is American but they pointed out on back of bottle - I checked mine darn them - it's made in Spain ???
2.Do you know where it's made ???

3. They said it's a private labelling company that makes all the hybrid 14 day manicures together ???

I
: is it acrylic
: where it's made ???
: surely they ain't all MADe in same factory ??

Also DID YOU HEAR of the dealeudh company that were selling " shellac " products to anyone or NON professionals .. As if it were shellac, client of mine told me: did Cnd know ????

aaah geeks advise me !

There is only ONE hybrid polish and that is Shellac.

It is a power polish which contains a teeny element of gel in order to be able to cure it.

I have no idea where it is made as I have never been curious but CND are the producers and Sweet Squared and Ellisons are the distributors here in the UK.

Geleration is a thin gel - nothing like Shellac.

Jacqui xx

I've a weird n what may sound random q here ..
I was having a debate with a stockist of mine .. Not about skincare no no( you'd reckon that'd be what it'd be since I'm training them !)
About shellac and geleration and co

1. So THEY were geleration and said that shellac is actually a hybrid of acrylic and gel - nooooo .. Is it really ?

Then they said ( don't really know why this is relevant now I'm no longer in the conversation ha!)
But I said Cnd is American but they pointed out on back of bottle - I checked mine darn them - it's made in Spain ???
2.Do you know where it's made ???

maybe its made in Geeg's swimming pool :)

3. They said it's a private labelling company that makes all the hybrid 14 day manicures together ???

There are many products that are generic and made by one companies at the same place and labeled by manufacturers , BUT Shellac or anything CND and not them,
unlike some companies CND make and developer there's
this is how they have L&P system with out primer, Gels that are hypoallergenic and cool , and Shellac witch Is the best of everything .

It is also why CND can give you the science behind there products .
: is it acrylic

: where it's made ???
: surely they ain't all MADe in same factory ??

Also DID YOU HEAR of the dealeudh company that were selling " shellac " products to anyone or NON professionals .. As if it were shellac, client of mine told me: did Cnd know ????

aaah geeks advise me !
see red bits

i was told not by a geek we are not allowed to call it hybrid any more

Thank you for this information.

I will hold on until CND or Sweet Squared or Geeg comes along and tells us.

That way it's from the horse's mouth and no mis-information.

Jacqui xx

Thank you for this information.

I will hold on until CND or Sweet Squared or Geeg comes along and tells us.

That way it's from the horse's mouth and no mis-information.

Jacqui xx
it was something to do with cars ? stupid if you ask me ....

I'll be hoping Geeg will comment on this one :)

CND is located in the USA in Vista, California and the CND products are innovated and manufactured by CND for CND and only for CND.

CND is owned by a Spanish corporation called Colomer that owns several companies but CND operates solely from the USA.

We do not use the term hybrid any longer when referring to Shellac, as it was confusing people; they did not understand it.

We refer to Shellac as a Power Polish because Shellac is not a gel. Shellac shares one attribute in common with gel and that is that it cures with UV exposure. The reason it cures with UV exposure is because of a completely new technology that allows the polish to cure and not because it is a gel.

There are so many things that make Shellac different to gel that any idiot can see immediately that Shellac is different. The differences are manifold! It feels different, it looks different, it handles differently, it applies differently, it is hypoallergenic, it cures in less time I can go on and on.

If anyone wants to know more about the science behind Shellac the all that information has been covered by myself in several articles in the member articles section here on this wonderful salongeek website. Go and have a read.

As for soak off gel colour systems then your stockist was not entirely wrong ... Most of them are made by one company that is private labelling all over the world! How do you imagine everyone and their aunt Fanny now has a coloured soak off gel to add to their system so quickly? Do you think they all of a sudden all invented their own? Please! .. Just look at the bottles and caps and directions etc ... It is more than obvious even though I have refrained on many occasions from mentioning it ! That is the way of the world I'm afraid, but not when it comes to CND.

All CND products are made exclusively for professionals and for their use and for their retailing to clients. CND has led the nail industry by innovating new products for more than 30 years and are actively still doing so ... Everyone rushes to copy, but they can't as formulations are protected by patents and pending patents. I hope that clears things up.

Last edited:
There is only ONE hybrid polish and that is Shellac.

It is a power polish which contains a teeny element of gel in order to be able to cure it.

I have no idea where it is made as I have never been curious but CND are the producers and Sweet Squared and Ellisons are the distributors here in the UK.

Geleration is a thin gel - nothing like Shellac.

Jacqui xx

OK, Revised version.

Shellac is a power polish that incorporates an advanced technology which allows uv light to cure the polish.

Taa-daa xxx

Now I'm confused. I read on Holly's facebook page that she described it as having a tiny amount of gel in.

CND is located in the USA in Vista, California and the CND products are innovated and manufactured by CND for CND and only for CND.

CND is owned by a Spanish corporation called Colomer that owns several companies but CND operates solely from the USA.

We do not use the term hybrid any longer when referring to Shellac, as it was confusing people; they did not understand it.

We refer to Shellac as a Power Polish because Shellac is not a gel. Shellac shares one attribute in common with gel and that is that it cures with UV exposure. The reason it cures with UV exposure is because of a completely new technology that allows the polish to cure and not because it is a gel.

There are so many things that make Shellac different to gel that any idiot can see immediately that Shellac is different. The differences are manifold! It feels different, it looks different, it handles differently, it applies differently, it is hypoallergenic, it cures in less time I can go on and on.

If anyone wants to know more about the science behind Shellac the all that information has been covered by myself in several articles in the member articles section here on this wonderful salongeek website. Go and have a read.

As for soak off gel colour systems then your stockist was not entirely wrong ... Most of them are made by one company that is private labelling all over the world! How do you imagine everyone and their aunt Fanny now has a coloured soak off gel to add to their system so quickly? Do you think they all of a sudden all invented their own? Please! .. Just look at the bottles and caps and directions etc ... It is more than obvious even though I have refrained on many occasions from mentioning it ! That is the way of the world I'm afraid, but not when it comes to CND.

All CND products are made exclusively for professionals and for their use and for their retailing to clients. CND has led the nail industry by innovating new products for more than 30 years and are actively still doing so ... Everyone rushes to copy, but they can't as formulations are protected by patents. I hope that clears things up.

Thanks for all the info.

Now I'm confused. I read on Holly's facebook page that she described it as having a tiny amount of gel in.
Well it doesnt and i do not believe Holly would say that ... What she would say is that Shellac has certain properties of gel ... In other words, it shares the property of UV curing. It has it's own UV3 technology which cures the polish .. This is new technology developed BY CND and which is unique to Shellac. People often misquote and they often do not understand or misunderstand what is being said or written. I think I have explained it as clearly as it can be explained.

I'm going on Shellac brings them back on the 27th...... Canny wait man!!

I'm clocking all this he he

Well it doesnt and i do not believe Holly would say that ... What she would say is that Shellac has certain properties of gel ... In other words, it shares the property of UV curing. It has it's own UV3 technology which cures the polish .. This is new technology developed BY CND and which is unique to Shellac. People often misquote and they often do not understand or misunderstand what is being said or written. I think I have explained it as clearly as it can be explained.

Shellac is polish with a small amount of gel to add some length to the wear time

To avoid being accused of misquoting, the above words are the words used on Holly's FF facebook, from yesterday. Hence the confusion.

wow ok great

: it is no longer described as a hybrid, is NOT a gel, shares the same need to be cured but it a power polish? Okidokee

:It is a Spanish owned company but ran and made in the USA ( so the back of the bottle just states the location of the owner??)

: and many of the recently added 14 day nails added to the market then ...are gel based and many are made by private labelling companies then so?? Am i right Geeg?

Nobody commented on the new thing I saw on dealrush the other day - Groupon type site where there is a company that is now after making a polish, packaging similar /identical to shellac and is selling to ALL as in jo soaps non prof people....DISCUSS!!!!

thanks blossom

wow ok great

: it is no longer described as a hybrid, is NOT a gel, shares the same need to be cured but it a power polish? Okidokee

:It is a Spanish owned company but ran and made in the USA ( so the back of the bottle just states the location of the owner??)

: and many of the recently added 14 day nails added to the market then ...are gel based and many are made by private labelling companies then so?? Am i right Geeg?

Nobody commented on the new thing I saw on dealrush the other day - Groupon type site where there is a company that is now after making a polish, packaging similar /identical to shellac and is selling to ALL as in jo soaps non prof people....DISCUSS!!!!

Correct! :green:

As to cheap copies ! What do you want me to say? They are not copies and I'm not so sure they are that cheap either but they are not Shellac and they won't behave like Shellac either.

Answer this ... What isn't being copied these days? As long as idiots buy 'copies', 'copies' will continue to be made but they are not really true opines, they are look alikes from the outside, but what is on the inside is crappola and we know, because of course we have tried it out. What is on the inside is a cheap crappy quality gel that neither covers nor lasts.

Correct! :green:

As to cheap copies ! What do you want me to say? They are not copies and I'm not so sure they are that cheap either but they are not Shellac and they won't behave like Shellac either.

Answer this ... What isn't being copied these days? As long as idiots buy 'copies', 'copies' will continue to be made but they are not really true opines, they are look alikes from the outside, but what is on the inside is crappola and we know, because of course we have tried it out. What is on the inside is a cheap crappy quality gel that neither covers nor lasts.

Exactly ,
And As for packaging being copied it's like I said on another thread
It's what's inside that counts .

Latest posts

Back