Shellac sold & promoted tutorials to non pros-this is wrong isnt it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm obviously doing it wrong I need to leave a wider gap. I need to apply to the cuticles an dsperse I need to rub all over the fingers !!!!
Stupid woman. This really annoys me.

Am I the only one that's really worried about where she learned all of this from?

Yeah her technique is awful...BUT she has got all of the steps in more or less the correct order! (She's even sealing the edges!).

It really does make me cringe, but she could be one of these girls that's making money from doing her friends nails because she learned it all from watching YouTube tutorials or even worse - learning from having her nails done professionally!

How does she even know to specifically use D-Sperse? Most of the CND tutorials say 99% IPA.

She probably made the video as a P-take so she could run to SalonGeek.com. And see everyone's reaction!! You all did not disappoint her then!

Why would we highlight something like this on a professional forum?

She probably made the video as a P-take so she could run to SalonGeek.com. And see everyone's reaction!! You all did not disappoint her then!

Why would we highlight something like this on a professional forum?

Good question. I allowed this sort of thing to bother me before, not anymore. It makes no impact on my business or my clients :) Keep them brushes high ladies and be satisfied that you are the true professional.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Saw this title and it is something I have been wanting to mention for a while. However what I am most annoyed about is putting 'CND shellac step by step' into google and the first result I get is a CND authentic tutorial. I don't know about anyone else, but after paying a lot of money to be trained by CND - I don't really want CND tutorials available to all members of the public or non shellac professionals ??

Having lots of non-pros and other untrained shellac people doing Videos is bad enough! But now we are telling everyone how to apply it properly?? I thought it was exclusive, that is why I have paid a premium.

Am I missing something here?? I appreciate that professionals need step by steps as a ref but surely this information should be only available to CND registered professionals with the required logins??:irked:

Don't watch this stupid moo on YouTube - you're pushing up her viewing figures and she'll end up being watched even more! :)

Saw this title and it is something I have been wanting to mention for a while. However what I am most annoyed about is putting 'CND shellac step by step' into google and the first result I get is a CND authentic tutorial. I don't know about anyone else, but after paying a lot of money to be trained by CND - I don't really want CND tutorials available to all members of the public or non shellac professionals ??

Having lots of non-pros and other untrained shellac people doing Videos is bad enough! But now we are telling everyone how to apply it properly?? I thought it was exclusive, that is why I have paid a premium.

Am I missing something here?? I appreciate that professionals need step by steps as a ref but surely this information should be only available to CND registered professionals with the required logins??:irked:

Shellac goes on like polish ... Every woman thinks she knows how to polish, there is no mystery there. All the video shows is someone polishing with Shellac. It is hardly a tutorial or an education piece. People are no wiser about how to really use Shellac, or the chemistry behind the products which as we all know is the real secret to success when using products carefully and professionally. The video is not a class.

CND have many videos available on you tube, and they always have, because that is also where professionals go to view as well. Everyone has videos on you tube ... Something we will all have to accept I think and not get too irked about. It is the way it is these days. Everything can be found on line. Personally I'd rather that people could view how things should be done using the correct protocols and then they will recognise if others are doing the job badly.

I completely agree the post was not to gain reaction on her personal video I was quering the fact that she used CND Shellac which is a pro product & to ask fellow pros if theyve had experiences of clients seeing such videos and having opinions etc.

It wasnt to get a reaction on her video which she didnt do as a p-take as she is an avid vlogger with lots of subscribers. It was to highlight the importance of education I wish more people saw the professional videos just so they can educate themselves on the products, the chemistry and such like as they are obviously genuinely interested or the wouldn't be searching for such videos.

It does however dishearten me somewhat when people watch videos by untrained people and establish an opinion on a profession im passionate about and the video reminded me of a post I saw re cnd investigating a unauthorised seller.

I love that other pros also have similar opinions ♥

Shellac goes on like polish ... Every woman thinks she knows how to polish, there is no mystery there. All the video shows is someone polishing with Shellac. It is hardly a tutorial or an education piece. People are no wiser about how to really use Shellac, or the chemistry behind the products which as we all know is the real secret to success when using products carefully and professionally. The video is not a class.

CND have many videos available on you tube, and they always have, because that is also where professionals go to view as well. Everyone has videos on you tube ... Something we will all have to accept I think and not get too irked about. It is the way it is these days. Everything can be found on line. Personally I'd rather that people could view how things should be done using the correct protocols and then they will recognise if others are doing the job badly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on Superfast 4G on EE. Using the Salon Geek App for Android.

Latest posts

Back