Shellac sold & promoted tutorials to non pros-this is wrong isnt it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahildar

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im sure I saw a post from CND today explaining that Shellac is a Professional Product & im proud, as all geeks probably are, of the training etc we went through to enable us to offer high quality services clients wouldnt get DIY

However, while loosing myself in youtube I came across a video.

She does explain she isnt a pro etc so I thought maybe she had been and indulged in the copied Bluesky etc .. however she had CND .. or what looked like it!?

She linked the seller on Amazon but I may be having a blonde moment but im sure Sweet Squared are the only official distributers arent they?

What does everyone feel about customers seeing these types of videos and doing DIY instead of seeing a pro?

((Ps..I hope CND manage to look into these rogue sellers ))

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on Superfast 4G on EE. Using the Salon Geek App for Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many sellers out there. They aren't allowed to do it but they've been getting away with it for a long time now.

We can't do much about it but I don't like it. Especially hate diy vids on YouTube! The removal videos make me cringe!!!

There are so many sellers out there. They aren't allowed to do it but they've been getting away with it for a long time now.

We can't do much about it but I don't like it. Especially hate diy vids on YouTube! The removal videos make me cringe!!!

I do love youtube for inspiration for my own nail art but i also cringe when pro products are used in a slap dash way im a true geek and love the chemistry behind it and without training the youtubers arent to know xx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on Superfast 4G on EE. Using the Salon Geek App for Android.

I do love youtube for inspiration for my own nail art but i also cringe when pro products are used in a slap dash way im a true geek and love the chemistry behind it and without training the youtubers arent to know xx

I agree. I do love nail art tutorials

dont know why I watched it all but omg they are awful!! obviously she got no training ect but how would someone put a video on of really bad quality painting id be ashamed :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol. Watched the video.

"Push back the nail bed with your wooden stick"

"Leave a 2mm gap" She left more than a 2mm gap, could of parked a car in the gap she left. 2 weeks re-growth is smaller than that gap.

Would be ashamed with that video.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

[QUOTE=Nails LOL!!!

Oh God I cringed all the way through that !!

I feel so embarrassed for her. 'apply the nail polish to the cuticle' hahaha and shes not even using a CND lamp! And why does she feel the need to wipe the whole finger with d sperse???

Last edited:
I liked the nail file movement lol x

And no cuticle oil!!! :O

Sent from my tiny little mind using SalonGeek mobile app

I see she has other videos, i think shes one of those wannabees who probably wants to be some sort of fashion person on tv (tells you the best fashions and hottest trends), she probably hopes she'll get spotted by some tv boss
*Rolls eyes*

I actually feel grumpy having watched that for so many reasons. If you're going to put your mug on the web at least talk sense. Stupid.

We should all be very grateful to her, she is the perfect advertisement for us. Yes you can get all the products and yes you can do it yourself but look at the results... Hopefully everyone watching will book in with us instead of trying to do it at home xxxx

This type of thing really annoys me its the exact same thing with nail harmony in fact their director just now is fronting a campaign where some sort of legislations should be brought in to help protect us professionals regards nail treatments, the only problem is his company sell their products to people who havn't completed any of their training and sell it willy nilly in salon services. surely if he didn't allow that to happen we would all be slightly more protected eh!

Oh awful.... she spent more time saying 'eerrrmmmm' than anything else...rubbish from start to finish. The only good thing was it was consistent rubbish!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

As long as you apply right up to the nail bed!!!!! Lol! My 4 yr old could paint nails better than that!! Xx

Hahahaha! Oh is it mean to laugh at idiots? It's just so funny though! I thought the exact same re no solar oil and those were definitely more than 2 weeks growth...2mm ha.

I feel for people I really do. Money is tight and nails are a luxury but surely it will cost them a fair bit for all the rubbishy products (real, fake or otherwise) that give rubbishy results because they apply them poorly? It would surely be cheaper to get them done professionally with someone who has an extensive colour range, so cheaper there as they won't have to pay just for a new colour every time, and the knowledge to do it properly. just get it done less? it makes me so sad :( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I see she has other videos, i think shes one of those wannabees who probably wants to be some sort of fashion person on tv (tells you the best fashions and hottest trends), she probably hopes she'll get spotted by some tv boss
*Rolls eyes*

She's definitely one of those types!

I couldn't help but cringe at everything she was saying, is it you who's commented?! Was about to comment on the video then realised someone had got there first!!xx

Latest posts

Back