Shellac Tiffany blue with a matte finish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar & Spice

Reaction score
Hey, can any one help me do you know who to make a tiffany blue shade in Shellac and also how can I give it a Matt finish? x:biggrin:

have you tried hotski layered with azure wish, top coat cured then lightly buffed?:Dx

have you tried hotski layered with azure wish, top coat cured then lightly buffed?:Dx

I've done hotski with azure wish than studio white over it and looks very much like a Tiffany blue!

And to get it matte you would complete the CND Shellac service and then before applying your solar oil you would buff over the nail with the green side of a CND Glossing buffer

great will give that a go x

Sorry just re read your post and by matte do you mean no glitter or shimmer in the colour like a creamy finish? Or matte as in not shiny?

For matte finish, you want to topcoat twice, then buff the top layer off with the rougher side of the Koala buffer or a 240 grit file.
x

For matte finish, you want to topcoat twice, then buff the top layer off with the rougher side of the Koala buffer or a 240 grit file.
x

Miss Pink there is a much easier way to get a matte finish wit CND Shellac. You only need to apply and cure one layer of CND Shellac top coat then you would buff over with the GREEN side of the CND Girlfriend buffer :)

Miss Pink there is a much easier way to get a matte finish wit CND Shellac. You only need to apply and cure one layer of CND Shellac top coat then you would buff over with the GREEN side of the CND Girlfriend buffer :)

But wont this reduce the efficacy of the topcoat, by thinning it down?

x

But wont this reduce the efficacy of the topcoat, by thinning it down?

x

Not with the green size of the CND glossing buffer because its a lot smoother than a koala :)

Does anyone have a pic of Hotski layered with Azure Wish? I'd love to see how it looks without going to my salon to put it on a pop!

Hotski with Azure Wish x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389386800461.jpg
    1389386800461.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 527
  • 1389386825520.jpg
    1389386825520.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 446
It's gorgeous what would you put on first the hotski or azure wish to achieve this look? Xx

It's gorgeous what would you put on first the hotski or azure wish to achieve this look? Xx

Hotski x2 then azure wish x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oohh thanks can't wait to try it out xx

A lighter version is studio white, hotski then azure wish.

Darker version is 2x hotski and 1x azure.

Or simply 1 hotski and 1 azure! All dependant on preference and how you like it. Only rule in my opinion is hotski always first (finish with chosen lightest colour) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389397479.186551.jpg

Here is a pic that I found that shows a lighter and darker version.

Attachments

• tiffany blue.jpg
    tiffany blue.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 150

Latest posts

Back