Shellac timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suz Pirie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have recently done my 'shellac brings them back' training & I am just wondering how long you would normally take to do a CND Shellac manicure? The educator on the day said a 30min appointment, 15mins for all the prep & cuticle work & 15mins to paint, but I don't seem to be able to do it in 30mins.

The clients hands are in the lamp for 12mins & if you are doing the whole cuticle eraser & prep for 15mins only leaves a few minutes for painting :confused:

I take about 40mins but just wanted to know if it is achievable to do the whole thing in 30mins.

Thanks S x

I've been doing Shellac since it came out almost three years ago and have never, ever done an application in 30 minutes. I don't like to rush myself or the application so my clients feel they are getting their money's worth. Usually I can do a set in an hour, but schedule all my appointments for 75 minutes. It covers me if someone is late or if they need extra attention, or some nail art.

My suggestion is to not worry about your timing as much as you concentrate on perfecting your application!

I think 40 mins is good timing!!! I seem to spend a lot of time pepping so usually takes me about an hour

I book 30 mins for a shellac appointment.:)

I book an hour for a re-shellac. And if I do French, I defiantly take an hour. Would rather spend that time taking care, making my client happy, than rushing.

Takes me just over an hour including pep... I'm still learning!!

Thanks for all your replies, I feel much better knowing that I am doing fine & don't need to change anything. I like taking my time & giving people a lovely experience as well a beautiful nails. S x

I usually allow an hour and half but all mine have nail art (99 per cent lol) I work from home so I do tend to take my time lol x

Thanks for this thread, i have been doing shellac for a year and it takes me 45mins-1hour, i thought it was just me lol, nice to know that others take there time. touch wood i have never had a client complain or return with a chip etc so it just goes to show, a litle extra care pays of most of the time.
hope i haven't jinxed myself:hug:

I allow an hour for all my shellac appointments- so an hour for new client consultation and application and an hour for removal and re application. This applied to colour, french or rockstar/nail art. I work from home and mobile and do the same for both. I also always do cuticle work with cuticle away and I do like to have a gossip with my clients. Some times I come in under but only by about 5 mins, so I would say 40 mins is pretty blinking good to be starting out.

timing comes with experience and when you are under pressure you can work quicker anyway. As alot of us work from home we allow the time we want rather than what we need!

I book out 40 mins for shellac application BUT put under pressure i can do it in 20-30 mins and have done at a pamper eve which included dry prep x

Latest posts

Back