Shellac timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, don't tend to use any cuticle product though Unless they have REALLY bad cuticles

A basic mani with gel should take around 35 min. If they need extra cuticle work you need to advise them to upgrade their service. The time also is shorter with the CND LED lamp. Basically if they are paying for a basic they need to get a basic. Time is money. You should advise that they really need an upgrade at that without it you can not guarantee a full 2 weeks. It is not fair for you to do 20 min... Cuticle work and only get paid for a basic. It is tough to let go of perfection but if they are not willing to pay you need to do the basic.

Thanks, we don't have the led lamp. I just think if I was paying £25 I'd want my cuticles doing right , if they were to upgrade to a full manicure with shellac they would be paying over £40. I don't want the clients to just assume that I'm lazy by not doing a full cuticle job. I am a perfectionist and it doesn't sit well with me. I love the salon tho and I understand what your saying about time is money and all that but surely if you want return customers you have to offer them an outstanding service which sets you apart from all others.

I do in 30 minutes, 40 minutes with removal.

PEP should take 15 minutes and then 15 minutes for polishing. I work back to back and only ever book these timings out, even clients with more 'awkward' nails I do it and all prep work is good.

Where are you building your time up?

I wouldn't say I'm "building my time up" that makes it sound like I want to be slow but I'm not solely nails and not doing them back to back, so I guess if you are you bound to get fast.

I'm mobile so with set up and pack down I take an hour to do Shellac with cuticles. I don't offer shellac without and I charge £25. I don't rush but know I could do it faster. With removal it takes me an extra 15-20mins but that's because I'm actually slow at this - I don't know why!

I take around 50 mins to an hour, depending on the state of client's nails, if they want a lot of length taken off and also if they choose a colour that looks better with 3 thin coats. The salon I work in wants me to do it in 40 mins, but I just can't be precise enough in that amount of time. Clients really appreciate feeling like they are getting a proper service, so if you don't feel like you can personally do that in the salon's allocated time, just explain that to the owner.

Last edited:
I'm mobile so with set up and pack down I take an hour to do Shellac with cuticles. I don't offer shellac without and I charge £25. I don't rush but know I could do it faster. With removal it takes me an extra 15-20mins but that's because I'm actually slow at this - I don't know why!

I'm mobile and would say this is my timings too! I hate rushing, and would hate my client to feel rushed too xx

I'm mobile and would say this is my timings too! I hate rushing, and would hate my client to feel rushed too xx
Sometimes it takes longer if I'm having a natter haha x

Sometimes it takes longer if I'm having a natter haha x

Haha same!! I went to a house with 5 dogs yesterday and after the service of course they all needed a fuss - perk of the job ☺ xx

Thanks, we don't have the led lamp. I just think if I was paying £25 I'd want my cuticles doing right , if they were to upgrade to a full manicure with shellac they would be paying over £40. I don't want the clients to just assume that I'm lazy by not doing a full cuticle job. I am a perfectionist and it doesn't sit well with me. I love the salon tho and I understand what your saying about time is money and all that but surely if you want return customers you have to offer them an outstanding service which sets you apart from all others.
It is so hard not to give the best possible mani every time. But if you have a basic that is recommended for regular maintenance clients and an upgraded service for those that need extra tlc. The client needs to upgrade if that is what they need. Your time is valuable. Don't short change yourself.

Latest posts

Back