Shellac vs OPI?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeautyabz

Reaction score
Right, I've had it with Lena White's awful customer service :grr:. Spam me with info about CND and shellac/vinylux. I want to know how wonderful you guys all think it is. I know there's hundreds of threads on here, but I kinda want my little thread for future info.

TIA xx

I think that you should go for a Shellac manicure and see if you like it. I don't use it myself, but the many posts/threads here have mentioned that it is a 14 day manicure. That's not enough for me, I'm afraid. My clients can go for up to 3 weeks with Gelish without losing any shine at all.

Vinylux. I like the fact that it is dry in 8 minutes, but that's it. Not easy to apply, not very exciting colours, nothing new for a while now.

I would like to have gel polish with a matching polish for toes, so I am trialling Cuccio at the moment.

I totally disagree, vinyl lux is awesome , goes on great, ya have to learn the system, and shellac will give you more than 2 weeks easy, it stays shiny if you take care of it, and the biggest benefit is no nail filing to remove the top coat :) cones off amazing too :)

I've had a shellac manicure today. I really like the finish. Nothing is going to last longer than a week with me as I have 2 children under 27 months and I do a lot of massage.
I love OPI, but when you've asked 7 times for your address and email address to be changed and it's STILL not done, it's time to go. Simple request.

I get 2 weeks out if my shellac and I've got a 2 yr old 😊 I don't look after them either and I change them every 2 weeks only because I don't like the re growth showing. Oh and because I've become addicted and need to try new colours together!

I love vinlylux too, lasts forever on toes but you do have to play about with it to work out how to get good coverage. It really is dry in 8 minutes too.

Think I'm pretty sold on Shellac. I've ordered a couple of vinylux polishes to try and I have shellac on. I've also ordered a bottle of Le chat to try.
Can I ask what the other CND products are? I know what they do, but it's all the different names that confuse me! Like d-solve. Is it the acetone remover? X

Think I'm pretty sold on Shellac. I've ordered a couple of vinylux polishes to try and I have shellac on. I've also ordered a bottle of Le chat to try.
Can I ask what the other CND products are? I know what they do, but it's all the different names that confuse me! Like d-solve. Is it the acetone remover? X
If this is your first order with Sweet Squared then they should send a catalogue out to you which has details of all that they sell. if not call them up and ask for one to be sent out. You can also register online with them once you have your customer number.

D'Solve is the Remover, and D'sperse is the Gel cleanser that removes the sticky top film.

If this is your first order with Sweet Squared then they should send a catalogue out to you which has details of all that they sell. if not call them up and ask for one to be sent out. You can also register online with them once you have your customer number.

D'Solve is the Remover, and D'sperse is the Gel cleanser that removes the sticky top film.

I tried to register online yesterday, but it kept crashing. I phoned and spoke to a lovely lady who asked me to email her. I presume they send a catalogue then?

I use shellac and opi, I prefer opi but yes customer service isn't great! Shellac does not remove as easily as opi, and I find a few of my clients just can not keep it on but can with opi. I don't like vinylux at all so I sold all of it.

I have recently tried a couple of bottles of le chat and the colours are absolutely gorgeous! And no shrinkage like with opi so I'm really pleased with it (my secret eden is the nicest colour I've seen!). Also love how you get a bottle of matching polish with the gel!

Personally for me I prefer Gelish, I also do a lot of massage and have an 11 month old and i can get three weeks plus from it with no chips :) I stock Shellac as well but it's not as resilient on me. Both are very good systems though and I've had clients go 2 weeks with it, one of them does a lot of gardening. Nail Harmony have a Gelish sale on at the moment with quite a few colours for £12 so worth buying one or two and trying it out on yourself to see how you like it x

I think that you should go for a Shellac manicure and see if you like it. I don't use it myself, but the many posts/threads here have mentioned that it is a 14 day manicure. That's not enough for me, I'm afraid. My clients can go for up to 3 weeks with Gelish without losing any shine at all.

Vinylux. I like the fact that it is dry in 8 minutes, but that's it. Not easy to apply, not very exciting colours, nothing new for a while now.

I would like to have gel polish with a matching polish for toes, so I am trialling Cuccio at the moment.

I think Morgan Taylor do polish matches for Gelish, but with different names. I saw they do duo sets on Salon Services as well x

Thanks for that! X

I've had a shellac manicure today. I really like the finish. Nothing is going to last longer than a week with me as I have 2 children under 27 months and I do a lot of massage.
I love OPI, but when you've asked 7 times for your address and email address to be changed and it's STILL not done, it's time to go. Simple request.

It would be interesting to see how you get on with Shellac. Keep us updated please.

The other thing that would put me off is the lamp issue and how it has been handled. A disgrace.

It would be interesting to see how you get on with Shellac. Keep us updated please.

The other thing that would put me off is the lamp issue and how it has been handled. A disgrace.

And I could never go back from LED to CFL UV!

I was told shellac can be cured in an LED lamp?

No, only the CND official lamp can properly cure shellac.

Uh, that's not true. I had a shellac manicure on Friday and it was cured in a uv lamp that wasn't CND. It's cured perfectly. UV is UV. Whoever said that CND uv is better than any other UV is telling a pack of lies just to sell their product. If they were talking about only using their base coat or sanitiser, yes I'd get that, but ultraviolet light is the same across the board.

The same goes for LED. Light is.....light!!

Latest posts

Back