Shellac vs Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
I'm wondering why clients still have shellac rather than Vinylux. Vinylux is 10 days wear and clients can remove it themselves (is that right?). I don't have much nail business as I'm mainly massage, but looking to take on Vinylux and sell my gel nail bits and bobs.

What do your clients have? Is shellac still booming?

Most of my clients still have shellac, even on extensions as they love the fact that it is cured and dry immediately.

Vinylux is up to 7 days wear and is a polish

Shellac is up to 14 days wear and is a hybrid but 'we' call it a power polish.

Although hybrid is an 'outlawed' (my terminology) description of Shellac it still better describes what it is ... to me.

Vinylux is no match for Shellac, it's a regular polish, and on a lot of clients it will not even last a week. Vinylux and Shellac are two totally different things, and I personally don't really see why any of regular Shellac users would switch to Vinylux. At least with my clients it did not happen. I purchased some of Vinylux colours to try and they have been sitting on the shelf since. I do sometimes use it instead of OPI for my regular manicures and pedicures, but never in place of Shellac.

I use both and my shellac usage far out weighs my vinylux usage.

The finish with shellac or any gel type polish is completely different. Ridged nails disappear, dry to touch immediately, keeps a high shine and lasts up to three weeks.

Vinylux is great but it doesn't do all of the above. It is just a nail varnish!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies, that's really helpful. Maybe I won't sell my Gel color kit then. I had a vinylux mani done while on holiday and was seriously impressed. I think for my clients, they aren't particularly regular nail geeks. They get it done for a special occasion or a treat. Although I do sell removal kits, I just don't do a lot of gel mani's at all. I think the removal faff is what puts them off. What to do?!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using SalonGeek mobile app

Shellac is more popular than Vinylux. Lasts longer and not a replacement. Shellac clients wouldnt swap for vinylux but other clients who like normal polish would have vinylux

Latest posts

Back