Shellac wrinkling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

propeditechus

Reaction score
New to forum and could use some help. I am sure this issue has been addressed on the forum, so maybe someone can point me to a relevant post.

I am very experienced with gel polish and I have been using it since it came out, but just purchased Shellac Burnt Romance and it is wrinkling like crazy. I have also had this problem with Tropix and Fedora - colors with no shimmer or glitter. Makes me crazy because I am a perfectionist and I am so careful with prep, application, even have a paint shaker. I do use Light Elegance UV lamps because I have a few of them, and had purchased them before Shellac came out. Could this be an issue? I already own 7 lamps (including one Brisa) and really wasn't sure it was necessary to purchase the newer CND UV Shellac lamps.

As you already have the Brisa Lamp you can use that to cure CND Shellac this will make sure you are getting the optimum cure.
The only other lamp that will cure CND Shellac is the CND UV Lamp.

With regards to the wrinkling this is because you are apply the CND Shellac to thickly, the rule with CND Shellac is thin to win :)
The first layer should look a bit wishy washy it's the second coat should again be thin but enough product to give you the coverage.

Yeah it's applied to thick! I have made this mistake a few times but soon learned from it and when applied thinly its perfect!!! 😊

Only ever happened to me if it's been applied to thick. Thin coats are always best whatever the product is

You have had your answer OP ... and from those who have lived and learned !! lol

Shellac is not a gel polish and it needs to be used thinner, which is why it looks so much nicer than gel polish when it is finished. You do not try to get full coverage on the first coat .. the 2nd coat will do that for you.

If it wrinkles it has been applied to thickly .. end of unless your lamp is not performing and/or you are not using the CND UV Lamp.

Also noticed you mentioned Fedora that colour has always infuriated me lol it's beautiful but in my experience it has to be applied so thinly, the thinnest coat out of all the colours I've used other wise it shrinks on me even if it has been applied very thin so needs to be applied even thinner! Always get worried when a client chooses that one lol gorgeous colour though!

Latest posts

Back