Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klassybeauty

Reaction score
just a quick question guys! does shellac cure under any uv light? i have a daylight one will that work? i know it says on the internet to use their lamp for better results!

has any one tried another lamp and was there an difference?

One quick answer use the Search facility!
There are loads of threads and this has been answered millions of times:grr:

Just to add the answer is a big fat NO!!!

sorry i did do a search first but couldnt find the answer! pages and pages came up didnt have time to go throught them all and nothing seemed to be answering my question!
i am new to this site so bear with me!

sorry i did do a search first but couldnt find the answer! pages and pages came up didnt have time to go throught them all and nothing seemed to be answering my question!
i am new to this site so bear with me!

What a nice reply! We will bear with you lol!! :hug: For some reason this question has actually come up a gazillion times but you are quite right, some of the Shellac threads are so many pages it would take hours to read through them all.

You really MUST use the CND UV Lamp to cure Brisa gels or Shellac. There are two UV lamps currently available from CND that will do the job for you.

1. The original CND UV Lamp that was developed for CND Brisa gels but will certainly cure Shellac (which are currently in stock as I write) or ...

2. The white CND UV Lamp (new model thaqt has a few more features on it and does a 5 finger cure), which is currently out of stock due to demand. S2 are trying to get more in as fast as they can but it is impossible to give an exact date.

If you are desperate to get started, then order the original lamp asap as there are not many left. It is a great lamp and many who already have this lamp are using them all the time for Shellac. HTH.

Last edited:
What a nice reply! We will bear with you lol!! :hug: For some reason this question has actually come up a gazillion times but you are quite right, some of the Shellac threads are so many pages it would take hours to read through them all.

You really MUST use the CND UV Lamp to cure Brisa gels. There are two UV lamps currently available from CND that will do the job for you.

1. The original CND UV Lamp that was developed for CND Brisa gels but will certainly cure Shellac (which are currently in stock as I write) or ...

2. The white CND UV Lamp (new model thaqt has a few more features on it and does a 5 finger cure), which is currently out of stock due to demand. S2 are trying to get more in as fast as they can but it is impossible to give an exact date.

If you are desperate to get started, then order the original lamp asap as there are not many left. It is a great lamp and many who already have this lamp are using them all the time for Shellac. HTH.

Thankyou very much for the time you took to give me the info i needed you are very helpful i am very greatful :hug:

You really MUST use the CND UV Lamp to cure Brisa gels. There are two UV lamps currently available from CND that will do the job for you.

Hi,
Where are the brisa lamps in stock? Ive been looking for weeks Ive got everything else to start doing shellac apart from the lamp and its killing me lol, I would love to get the brisa lamp instead if there are any left by now but I got told that CND are discontinuing the brisa replacement bulbs do you know if this is true?
thanks x

Hi,
Where are the brisa lamps in stock? Ive been looking for weeks Ive got everything else to start doing shellac apart from the lamp and its killing me lol, I would love to get the brisa lamp instead if there are any left by now but I got told that CND are discontinuing the brisa replacement bulbs do you know if this is true?
thanks x

As of yesterday, Sweet Squared 08452106060 had 51 in stock .. today? Who knows .. be quick and grab one before they are all gone. I have one .. I use it .. most Brisa users use it ... it's a great little lamp and will serve you well. It may not be on the web site .. better to call to order it. x

Im also waiting for the cnd lamps to be in stock, but as I could not wait any longer to try out my shellac Im currently using my own uv lamp which I have had no problems with so far! And Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong but I think you can buy the cnd bulbs and use them in your normal uv lamp if they fit.
Ive had my shellac on for over a wk now and they are still shiney and new and have no probs to report bk from clients.
:)

Had a look on the S2 site earlier it appears to be in stock on there :)

oh my god just went on the website because they wont be answering the phones at this time will they? and the new lamp has completley dissapeared off there and no sign of the old lamp : S whats going on lol Il be on the phone first thing now tho, thanks for the heads up guys :D x

oh my god just went on the website because they wont be answering the phones at this time will they? and the new lamp has completley dissapeared off there and no sign of the old lamp : S whats going on lol Il be on the phone first thing now tho, thanks for the heads up guys :D x

I rang earlier wondering why its off the site, she said they are 'doing up' the site. But I cannot see any changes.
I am also desperate for a CND lamp!!
I was also told you can only use the new or old CND only with Shellac, but I'm not sure why?!?

I rang earlier wondering why its off the site, she said they are 'doing up' the site. But I cannot see any changes.
I am also desperate for a CND lamp!!
I was also told you can only use the new or old CND only with Shellac, but I'm not sure why?!?

What they mean is that Shellac will only cure with the CND lamps; either the original CND Brisa Lamp ot the New CND UV Lamp.

Youwill not see changes in the web site until it has been updated.

the brisa lamp shows in stock on the link i posted x

YAY i just ordered the brisa lamp with replacement bulbs and foils just incase, that should keep me going for a while! im soo landed quick girls get on there you can order it online :green: x

Latest posts

Back