Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I haven't looked into Shellac, but it seems like its a big craze right now!

My understanding of Shellac is its a gel polish which lasts for about 3 weeks without chips.

Can shellac only be used on natural nails, or on nail extensions as well?

What is the application method for Shellac? Same as gels?

Can anyone recommend any places for training for shellac.

Phone sweet squared Hun they will advise were your nearest educator is. I've got my training on monday

I haven't looked into Shellac, but it seems like its a big craze right now!

My understanding of Shellac is its a gel polish which lasts for about 3 weeks without chips.

Can shellac only be used on natural nails, or on nail extensions as well?

What is the application method for Shellac? Same as gels?

Can anyone recommend any places for training for shellac.

Firstly shellac is not a gel polish, it is a power polish and can last up to 14 days although a lot of us have clients that go 3 weeks.

Shellac is designed for natural nails but yes it can be used on enhancements too.

There are lots and lots of threads on here for shellac so its worth a sit down and a read.

You can call sweet squared or look on their website which will tell you who your local EA is.

xxx

Thank you for your useful comments!

Have a search on this site and also look at the Shellac lovers group, you'll get loads of information as there are posts on Shellac every day! X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thank you for that information, much appreciated! I will definetly look into that.

Had joined this site, but last few years haven't had the time to dedicate to go on and see things.

Looked on sweet squared website.

Can't send a email to them seems to be a problem on the website.

Found a training venue just up the road from me :))

Have you thought about using gelish? X

No I haven't, although I know about it, nobody I've spoken to knows Gelish? I've enquired in a few salons they don't even know what it is.

Shellac has only in the last 3 months been in a few of the salons I've enquired with.

People ring up and ask for Shellac by name, in fact that's what prompted me to train for it. It is much higher profile than, for example, Gelish, trugel etc and is often mentioned in magazines and is popular with celebrities.

It is (like most products which go on the nail) as good as the nail beneath it..... I find it useless for thin, weak, bendy nails.... those clients are more suited to enhancements. For the average nail, a good 14 days, more if they take care with cleaning products and use their oil regularly. A good strong nail will hold the Shellac almost indefinitely, a couple of my clients go about 4.5 weeks and then come back to have it re-done because of the regrowth, that's all.

A huge selling point is the fact that it is absolutely non-damaging and not all the wannabe shellacs can say that.

The course is not expensive and very informative, you'll love it.

Oh, and it's not a craze. It's a revolution. :Love:

whats the difference between cnd shellac and cnn shellac???

No I haven't, although I know about it, nobody I've spoken to knows Gelish? I've enquired in a few salons they don't even know what it is.

Really :eek: What kind of salons are they? How can they not know what's going on in their own industry :lol:

whats the difference between cnd shellac and cnn shellac???

Only CND Shellac is the real thing, everything else is a fake.

Stick with the original and the best ;)

Shellac is not just the craze right now .. Shellac started the whole craze 3 years ago and is still tat the top.

Some are very late to the party.

Have they not been watching X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing, these are both currently advertising Gelish every week, Tulisa and Nicole wear a different Gelish colour every weekend and the Strictly girls have also been advertising it, it's been in all the papers etc :lol:

I cannot recommend Shellac highly enough! The training is amazing! And at first I thought "I bet it's dead expensive" but no it's not the most expensive on the market to my knowledge. I just bought the shellac gold kit and I am so happy with the value of it! I wouldn't go for anything else. Remember Shellac's/CND's reputation is a massive bonus and shellac tends to sell itself as alot of my clients know the product due to its popularity! Love it! x

Latest posts

Back