Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi
When prepping the nail I was told to remove the cuticle without any products , but I feel this is rough on the nail and doesn't remove all the cuticle,
Does everyone do this or do you use cuticle away, which is what I use for my minx
Cheers
Donna

Sent from donna

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I take it you haven't done the relevant shellac training then?? As yes you must absolutely use cuticle away when removing the cuticle. You remove cuticle from the nail as a whole. Not just the excess skin at the bottom of the nail. Also if you are not using product to remove the cuticle you may well be damaging the nail plate. The cuticle away so amazing as it dissolves the cuticle and makes it much easier to remove without any vigorous action. :)

Nicola! Xxx

For Shellac, you follow CND PEP procedure which does includes the use of Cuticle Away.

Are you using Shellac though or misappropriating the term to mean gel polish? As I see from your website that your offer OPI Gel Colour but there is no mention of Shellac.

Hi

I am trained in opi gelcolor but have decided to give shellac a go as well, I have bought everything from sweet squared but have only used the cnd websites for instructions
guess I will have to go on the training as well :(

Gelcolor and shellac are a completely different prep

Sent from donna

Hi

I am trained in opi gelcolor but have decided to give shellac a go as well, I have bought everything from sweet squared but have only used the cnd websites for instructions
guess I will have to go on the training as well :(

Gelcolor and shellac are a completely different prep

Sent from donna

The training really doesn't cost that much. And honestly. I was the same I thought god I won't learn anything new,lol how wrong was I?! I'm so confident in my work now even when I thought I was before the course. It's so worth it.

Nicola! Xxx

As above, Give Sweet Squared a call and ask about the 'Shellac Brings them Back' course. You will be very pleasantly surprised about the cost!

It is a great course that will teach your the perfect pep (no 'r' with shellac) and application, and you get a load more hints and tips on application as well as marketing and pricing, a gorgeous certificate and the educators are so friendly and helpful that if you have any questions or problems after the course they are there for you.

Be warned though CND course are very additive, after you have been on one you will be soon thinking about which one next!!

Latest posts

Back