Shellacing your own nails....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlcake

Reaction score
I love Shellac on my own nails but finding the time can be an issue. I have two lamps but I only have space on my desk to use one. Find sitting waiting for each hand to cure drives me mad I'm sooo impatient. Anyway last time I was doing them I took out base plate ,and sloted one hand on top of the other and slid them into my CND lamp!! Worked perfectly.
So if you have not tried this you will love it.
AND IF YOU ALREADY
USE THIS METHOD WHY HAVE YOU NOT SHARED IT WITH ME! LOL

I did this last week too for the first time, it was taking me nearly 1 and a half hours before. It was driving me nuts then I thought of doing this. Had to laugh at the rest of the times I just sat there with one hand in the machine shaking the bottle for 2 minutes with my other hand ha ha x

Great tip, I have never thought of that. :rolleyes:

yip... I call it excuse the pun ,my light bulb moment ! Been doing Shellac for 9 months oh well better late than never:rolleyes:

I don't mind waiting for one hand or the other... I know if I had 1 hand on top of the other somehow I'd smudge the other in the process, I'm pretty clumsy... Besides it feels like "pampering me time" when I do my nails so I don't mind sitting back and relaxing :)

Great idea, but I too would be worried I'd smudge my nails. I have a hard enough time with one hand in as I'm such a clumsy one.

On a side note to this, when in a salon when do you do your own nails? I never have the time. :confused:

Great tip!!!!

But I would be wottied about smudging whilst painting.

Fantastic tip, I am due a reshellac this week , although am a tad clumsy! X

Absolutely delighted How I can be this thick I will never know and to any who cant find the time I find that incredible I bunk up and do it while watching my evening programmes! Shellac has become my obsession :biggrin:

Brilliant idea..shall be doing that this week for my Xmas nails :) x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I find it easyer to sandwich hands outside my lamp then slide in. For this to work however you need someone to press the button for you.Otherwise press button,sandwich and slide .
Base coat I do one hand at a time
Maybe we could have a competition to see who's the quickest at sandwiching and sliding.......... I think I may need to get life:lol:

I find Shellacing my own nails the pits!!! I love Shellac I want to Shellac the world.....but when it comes to my own, I cannot find the patience, inspiration or want to do them!!
I know it's terrible as i think my nails should be my 'shop window' but my window looks like a 'charity shop' window as they are usually half done, when I start I always do my left hand first and rarely do my right, all my clients think it's hysterical but I need to gee myself on!!! I do however HATE it when I dont have Shellac on my hands are horrid!!!
I suppose it's the old story of if your husband is a chef he never cooks at home or if he's a decorator your house is never finished!!! Hehe
SS
X

Oh what a brilliant tip!
All the times I sit there thinking how long it takes, ha ha!

Thank you x

Oh my word this drives me nuts thankyou!!! X

I was just pleased that at last I could pass on one small tip to all my fellow geeks. Love this site and all the support and advice that I have received .One more day to go before our well earned rest.......then more Shellac for New year party:lol:. Happy holidays to you all xx

Latest posts

Back