Shiney tips on matte nails? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect-10

Reaction score
Ladies how do I get the shinny tip effect on Matt nails?
I use Gelicure & do two top coat & buff 2nd with a white block to create my Matt look but when I tried to go in & do the shinny tips they wouldn't cure properly without bits missing....... Any advice as girl wanting shinny tips next time!

Ladies how do I get the shinny tip effect on Matt nails?
I use Gelicure & do two top coat & buff 2nd with a white block to create my Matt look but when I tried to go in & do the shinny tips they wouldn't cure properly without bits missing....... Any advice as girl wanting shinny tips next time!

You must have contaminated the surface by touching it or maybe the block buffer wasn't clean. One bit of oil from your fingers, your thumb maybe wiping the surface, any oil on the buffer etc would have caused what happened to happen.

You must have contaminated the surface by touching it or maybe the block buffer wasn't clean. One bit of oil from your fingers, your thumb maybe wiping the surface, any oil on the buffer etc would have caused what happened to happen.

Thank u, I had some set perfect and two or three on each hand only half set so I will test this again on myself before my lady comes next week as she wants black Matt with shinny tips which iv seen done so many times I knew it was possible!!!

Thank u, I had some set perfect and two or three on each hand only half set so I will test this again on myself before my lady comes next week as she wants black Matt with shinny tips which iv seen done so many times I knew it was possible!!!

Absolutely possible .. just watch that you do not wipe any dust away with your thumb when buffing matte. Many people do this unconsciously and its a naughty little habit as it can cause muchos problemas and then people wonder why it is happening.

Absolutely possible .. just watch that you do not wipe any dust away with your thumb when buffing matte. Many people do this unconsciously and its a naughty little habit as it can cause muchos problemas and then people wonder why it is happening.

Mumma is going to have to be a dummy on the wkend before my client Monday to double check! Thank u very much 😊x

Latest posts

Back