Shingles and lifting enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
I have a regular client that I have been doing for the last 6 months with no problems at all. Around 6 weeks ago she became unwell and had a nasty rash over most of her upper body. After numerous trips to the doctor she has been told it is shingles and has some medication for it.

I rebalanced her yesterday and she had a fair amount of lifting and had lost 2 altogether which is not something that normally occurs. I don't know what the medication is but I wondered if anyone else had come accross a problem like this before? :confused:

I have a regular client that I have been doing for the last 6 months with no problems at all. Around 6 weeks ago she became unwell and had a nasty rash over most of her upper body. After numerous trips to the doctor she has been told it is shingles and has some medication for it.

I rebalanced her yesterday and she had a fair amount of lifting and had lost 2 altogether which is not something that normally occurs. I don't know what the medication is but I wondered if anyone else had come accross a problem like this before? :confused:

Any time a person has a health problem it is a possibility that the condition itself or the medication can have an affect. ANY physical reaction can affect an individual in a number of ways. A change that is not normal has an affect.

Shingles goes hand and hand with extreme stress or a prolonged period of stress (real physical stress) and I have seen extreme stress cause all enhancements to lift clean off (client whose husband dies suddenly) with one client of mine.

I had shingles last March. My hair was in terrible condition for over 6 months .. completely unlike it's normal healthy shiny condition .. it has in fact only come right in the past couple of months. Things affect people in different ways but the shingles is a terrible thing to get, VERY painful for months and months even after the rash has long gone ... this prolonged pain in itself is very stressful to live with. It can be a very long recovery for many people, as it has been for me ..... I still have the pain in my face 11 months later!!!

So the answer to your question is that it is a possibility.

Thanks for that Gigi, there is some really interesting information there. I didn't realise how severe or how long shingles could last. It sounds horrible and I know that it has got my client really down. So she may have a way a go still!!
I also didn't realise that it could be as a result of major stress so I have learn't something new today :)
I hope that her nails don't totally reject her enhancements as she will be really upset but we'll see how it goes.

Glad to hear your shingles ordeal is nearly over..........will google it later as it's not something you come accross often and i'm intrigued.

Thanks for that Gigi, there is some really interesting information there. I didn't realise how severe or how long shingles could last. It sounds horrible and I know that it has got my client really down. So she may have a way a go still!!
I also didn't realise that it could be as a result of major stress so I have learn't something new today :)
I hope that her nails don't totally reject her enhancements as she will be really upset but we'll see how it goes.

Glad to hear your shingles ordeal is nearly over..........will google it later as it's not something you come accross often and i'm intrigued.

Shingles is absolutely a horrible thing .. particularly on the face (which is where I had it) . it causes allot of nerve damage that takes years sometimes to heal even though you can't really see anything .. the pain is there believe me.

Shingles is not caused by stress, but stress is always part of it .... there are other things that come into play also. If you've had chicken pox you CAN get shingles but if you haven't had chickenpox you cannot get shingles .. you would get chickenpox instead (same virus .. herpes zortex). Other people can not catch shingles from you, but could perhaps get chickenpox.

When you've had chickenpox, the virus remains dormant near a major nerve system. Stress and other things CAN reactivate the virus and you get shingles. DON'T ever get it .... NOT nice.

Well that saves me typing it into google!!!!!.....and I am definately NOT getting it that's decided. On the face must be the absolute worst place to get it too.
I wonder why you don't really hear of it much considering how severe it can be.......or is it just that I live in a box!

i know its not part of the origional post, but i had shingles when i was 10, and when my son got chicken pox just before xmas, it made me remember how ill i was with the shingles. i know the shingles cant be brought out by being round chicken pox, but it still made me worry, what if i got shingles again with 2 young kids to look after etc.
It definately isnt nice to have and i feel for your client very much, it can be dangerous if not treated too, but i presume that your client is getting care with her GP.
hope your client feels better soon and i hope her enhancements stay put better soon as at least that will be one less thing to think about xxx

Latest posts

Back