Short curly lashes - can they be straightened out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Linz

Reaction score
One of the clients at the salon today asked for some advice regarding her very short curled eyelashes. One of the hairdressers had mentioned to her that I do eyelash extensions, and she wondered if these would be an option.

When I looked at her lashes, they literally curled back to her eyelids, but they are also very short, so I dont think I could do eyelash extensions on her, could I? I have been trained by Lash Perfect, and was taught to attatch at least half of the false lash to the natural lash. The problem is because the lashes are so curved, only about 2mm of lash would attach, and the lashes would point upwards instead of looking like they were coming out from the lash line (I hope that makes sence).

I know that naturally curly hair (on your head) can be straightened using a perming solution, I just wondered if curly eyelashes could have the same done? Say if a large rod was used instead of a smaller one, to sort of straighten out the curl?

I would just like to add, that I don't do eyelash perming myself (hence me wondering if this is at all possible), so IF this can be done, I would reccomend another beauty therapist for the treatment, before I do the eyelash extensions.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I don't do eyelash perming either, but I do Nouveau lash extensions.

You are correct in that you cannot apply lash extensions to curly lashes, Nouveau do have a treatment called LVL lashes, which is a lash straightening treatment. If you give them a call they may be able to direct you to a local technician.

I'm not sure if you would maybe get the same effect by perming on large rollers? Perhaps the other geeks can help out on this.

I've attached the link for LVL lashes below.

LVL Lashes - lash uplift and straightening, your own eyelashes without perming, lash extensions via own lash uplift

Hope this helps.

Jenni
x

Hi

i don't know about straightening a natural curl, but i have successfully straightened my own eyelashes after i'd had them permed and the curl was too tight.

I put half a cotton pad under each eye and then combed eyelash perm solution through the lashes for 5 mins, then removed and combed neutraliser through for 5 mins then rinsed.

I alternated the combing with pressing the lashes out straight using another half cotton pad with the perm/neutraliser solution on. They ended up with just a slight curl which was much more attractive.

hope this helps her.
BB
x

I know this thread is a few weeks old but...

Have you tried combing a heated eyelash curler through the lashes prior to the extensions to help straighten them? This should work.

HTH :)

I would perm using the med. rod.
If her lashes need to be straightend more:
Wait at 3 days and follow up with a second perm with the large rod.

Do you use a steamer for eyelash perms? It does help.

I would recommend LVL as the silicon sheild used will straighten out the lashes as opposed to a perming rod.

Check out the LVL lashes website, there is a picture of the treatment.

Not only will it lift and straighten the lashes it will make it look more thicker because all the rows of the eyelashes will be lifted.

Latest posts

Back