Should I add products to my website??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am just in the process of designing myself a website and am unsure whether I should have a page listing and describing all the creative products available and prices for them. I thought it might help me retail a bit more. What do you think??

Hi everyone,

I am just in the process of designing myself a website and am unsure whether I should have a page listing and describing all the creative products available and prices for them. I thought it might help me retail a bit more. What do you think??

I think its a good idea to let people know that you will also be retailing products and to list the products you will be stocking I wouldn't price them because you wont be selling any via your website just to clients I presume

yes thats a good idea. Thanks for that.I won't be selling them on my website but i wanted clients and new clients to see that I sell products and encourage them to use homecare products

YES, definately a good idea to list your retail products on your site.

I would still list prices (as you never know if your prices are better than someone else's?) but also indicate that you do NOT take internet orders.
This might
A) let clients plan ahead and have money on hand when they go see you (I've had many ask and go, whoops I don't have the money and it's a missed sale)
B) bring other client's from elsewhere for retail and whoops, who knows, they might become a nail client or whatever
C) if there's stuff that you don't keep on hand BUT is still available to order, it might increase sales that way too. They can't buy it if they don't know they can get it, right?

hth's

That's a fab idea, especially if you list all of the benefits associated with each product.

YES, definately a good idea to list your retail products on your site.

I would still list prices (as you never know if your prices are better than someone else's?) but also indicate that you do NOT take internet orders.
This might
A) let clients plan ahead and have money on hand when they go see you (I've had many ask and go, whoops I don't have the money and it's a missed sale)
B) bring other client's from elsewhere for retail and whoops, who knows, they might become a nail client or whatever
C) if there's stuff that you don't keep on hand BUT is still available to order, it might increase sales that way too. They can't buy it if they don't know they can get it, right?

hth's
I agree with Victoria. I think it's sensible to try to retail on your website as this could possibly double your retail profit. Apart from the clients who come to you for nail services, there may just be those who come to you to purchase products. As we would pop down to the corner shop for convenience, this may be the case if somebody needs, polish, files, moisturising lotion etc......

Thanks for all your replys! I have put a list and benefits of each product on my treatments page so that I can hopefully help clients see the importance of homecare as well as having treatments. Will let you know how it goes! xx

Latest posts

Back