Should I chase after this client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymamma

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Geeks,

I wonder if I can have some advice - please be kind!!
A client of mine - not super regular. Makes her 2 week manicure last 6-7 weeks!! Anyhoo she visited me at one of her appointments and we were discussing the many benefits of the Eve Taylor range I stock. After her most recent visit she confirmed that she definately wanted some Q10 product. As I am a one man band I tend to place a stock order when I need more than one product as its more cost effective.

I stupidly didnt explain this in full to this lady!! Last week she asked me via text to get her three candles in 2.

I contacted her when my delivery arrived and told her the total amount outstanding. She replied several days later asking how it could come to so much. I told her you order this lotion and 3 candles. She then says I only ordered 2-3 candles??? How can you order 2-3 of something?? Also she says she no longer wants the lotion. Now I wouldnt normally stock to Q10 lotion as its a bit pricey and would sit on my shelf quite some time before I managed t shift it and this close to christmas I do not want unnecessary stock on my shelf!

When I queried with her about our conversation and said to her you specifically asked for this and you were happy with the price when we discussed it she then said that it wasnt good enought that she had waited the time she had waited for the lotion. Plus now she no longer wants any of her order!!!

I was shocked!!! Angry and upset too. The air was blue!!! :evil:
I must admit I initially thought she was totally in the wrong. But now after Ive calmed down I can see her point of view and I should have explained more clearly that if she wanted an individual item that I would have to order seperately there would have been an extra charge or she could order direct from Eve Taylor.

I think Ive definately lost her as a client. I just dont know if I should bother to chase after her and try and win her back. Wasnt super keen on her in the first place. She would expect something for nothing all the time and I stupidly gave in to her demands!!

I know in this current economic climate we need to hang on to everyone we can but I just dont know if I really want her back!!!

Any advice would be lovelyxxx

Life's too short. If it was me I would put it down to experience and move on. Some clients are not worth the energy or worry and as you say yourself you would rather not have her as a client anyway.

Ultimately it is your decision though!

Personally ( and I am sorry if this sounds blunt ) but I think you should cut your losses product wise and chalk it up to experience.
People are strapped for cash this time of year and often suffer with "buyers remorse"
If you are going to sell an expensive product by order only, get the client to pay up front and explain why. If delivery charges apply, add this on.
You may not have lost her just yet, perhaps send her a £5 goodwill gift voucher as a christmas present to entice her back.
You never know, she may have some money after christmas and want the products on your shelf after all!
If not, work your retailing skills and get them shifted to someone else.
xxx

Next time I would recommend getting payment up front before you order anything for again.

This what I do and have had no problems :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back