Should I do NVQ level 3?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebelle Nails

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm trained in nails and spray tans, and am now at college doing my level 2 beauty.
I've been a mobile nail tech (part time) for a couple of years now, and started doing tans a year ago (but have failed miserably with them)
Once I'm qualified I'd like the following to be on my treatment list:
Gel polish
manicures
pedicures
facials/facial massage
eyelash and eye brow tinting
eyelash extensions
waxing
Acrylic extensions (although I'm struggling with these as I don't get many acrylic clients) I still take 2 hours for a full set and clients expect 1 hour.

I already feel I need to do more training for eyelashes as we were only taught cluster lashes and I'm thinking about learning some sort of hd brows.

would any of you recommend I do my level 3? I'm unsure at the moment whether I'd like to do all the different massages and if I'd get much call for it?

Any advice appreciated :)

I've just sent my application form in for my level 3 beauty I did my level 2 in 2014 and currently doing a level 3 nail technician I had done a nail course with harmony doing gel polish and acrylic but I decided I would go to college so I would learn all the nail systems
I'm currently doing beauty and nail treatments at home as I've kids and it is easier for me they are starting primary school in sept so I decided I would do my level 3 as I plan to get a job in a salon and most employers won't take you on unless you have your level 3
I think you should do your level 3 even if you don't do the massages etc but at least you have it for the future xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back