Should I feel bad for asking for money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
Hey girls!

So my good friend gets her nails done by me. Because I use my more expensive gel on paying clients only. I use the gel I use on myself on her. How ever this still costs me money to do her nails, and im not a mobile tech but I still bring mystuff to her house. Very rarely do I as for money from her since I dont go through that product much.

Iv probably done about 6 fills on her since iv asked for some cash. I just asked for 15 bucks and she seemed put off......she did buy me a wedding present last week, but am I in the wrong? I think im being takin advantage of.

You are being taken advantage of! She wouldn't come to your house and do your cleaning every week for free. Your using your own products on her which cost you money. Just say to her that you can no longer do it for free because it's costing you money and from now on your have to charge her, and then it's up to you if you want to just ask for £10-£15 or charge what you do for your normal customers. Hope you get it sorted though, don't let people take the mick! Xxx

Definitely right to ask. Wedding gifts don't come into it. My best friend is a hairdresser and she cuts my hair free of charge but if I want a colour on it I pay for the colour & she applies it at no cost. Similarly I do her nails free of charge but she pays for the product. Because I only use a small amount of product each time I do her nails we just agreed that every six treatments she pays me £15 towards product costs.
It irritates me when 'friends' take advantage I have some friends who don't think I should charge them at all so they go to the salon and pay a stranger!

Agree with the other posts.

Maybe she could come and do a couple of hours cleaning for you in return for the fills, then no money need change hands? :twisted: lol

How rude of her, she certainly taking advantage! I think it's so rude of her to allow you to do the work and not offer any payment!!!!

Thanks ladys! I thought so. I am deffs makin her pay. Its just so dumb of me to try not to sre whats really happening! I just hate when people pull crap like this. I work two jobs and they think its enjoyble to "let you do their nails". They dont get it.

The house cleaning thing is funny though :p

Xoxou

Latest posts

Back