Should I politely complain a little?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please come back and let us know how this has been resolved for you. My belief is that anyone can make a mistake or have an off day, but it's how you make amends that counts.

I'm thinking about doing the pedicure course, but am now slightly concerned as it will cost me a fortune to attend my nearest training centre (an overnight stay is included in travel!), so don't relish the thought of risking having to go back if I don't get to practice properly!

Good luck and hope they can do something for you.

Hi

I've been on the Naturally Nails Manicure Course at S2 and I didn't really get out of it what I thought I would and wondered if I should say something.

The trainer was fab so that's not an issue and the products are lovely too, but here is my problem..

I thought I would be able to give a full manicure to someone. The model I had to practise on (also a trainee) had acrylic nails on...? Thus, i didn't get to prep a natural nail, I couldn't file a natural nail and I couldn't inspect and get a feel for what type of nails she had (consultation and apraisal). I was really upset by this but didn't want to make a fuss as the educator said it was fine as I could work around them. I didn't find it fine at all. I also didn't get to paint them- no one did.

Also, I was keen on learning how to paint nails but since we were running over time she quickly demonstrated how to paint one nail in a dark colour and did 3 nails french.....we didn't get to practice painting at all as everyone wanted to go home as it was so late, which is understandable.....but I had thought I would have the opportunity to paint a set of natural nails and complete the process of a manicure....wouldn't you think so?

My tools which they said they would have ready for me also were not available so i had to borrow a set. Which wasn't a problem, but just adds to my complaint really.

Am i being petty? I feel like i've been cheated out of my natural nails experience and learning :(

I'd be grateful if anyone can say what I should do....I'm also booked onto the L&P course next week.

Thanks in advance.

Hey hun, I was on the course with you both, didn't think it was fair that she didn't have to take them off.

I took mine off the night before and even said to her in the morning that she will probably be asked to take them off.

I definitely think you should raise your concerns and afterall this was a Nails Naturally course and you didn't get to do ANY of the natural nail prep or consultation.

I know that this was most people's first course (all except for me) but I think it was inexcusable for her to turn up with acrylic nails on.

Let us know how you get on x

Hey hun, I was on the course with you both, didn't think it was fair that she didn't have to take them off.

I took mine off the night before and even said to her in the morning that she will probably be asked to take them off.

I definitely think you should raise your concerns and afterall this was a Nails Naturally course and you didn't get to do ANY of the natural nail prep or consultation.

I know that this was most people's first course (all except for me) but I think it was inexcusable for her to turn up with acrylic nails on.

Let us know how you get on x

Ahh thanks v much. I'm glad you think it was not fair too. I'm there tomorrow doing L&P so not sure if to speak to someone whilst i'm there or ring them anyway? Is customer services based in Leeds i wonder? I might just ring, i'm a chicken!

Ahh thanks v much. I'm glad you think it was not fair too. I'm there tomorrow doing L&P so not sure if to speak to someone whilst i'm there or ring them anyway? Is customer services based in Leeds i wonder? I might just ring, i'm a chicken!

The main distributor of CND is in Leeds. Most things are based there including customer services. You will get a more efficient answer if you talk to them while you are there tomorrow.

There is no need to be embarrassed and please don't be afraid. If you have concerns, then voice them. The team at S2 are friendly and helpful, they will be more than happy to hear from you. Ask for Debbie, who is the Education Manager, she is very nice to talk to.

Good luck with your course tomorrow. :hug:

I did this course recently and it stated clearly in the information we were given that it was strictly forbidden to have anything but natural nails when attending the class. That girl should not have been allowed to be a model for you.

I found my training very infomative and I felt confident enough to perform a full manicure afterwards. I did Shellac and Minx training the following day and I was the same with those - plenty of opportunity to practice them and I left feeling confident in both.

I do think that you should contact someone - maybe even your trainer. I would have said something at the time.

UPDATE:

I went today for the first day of my L&P course, which was FAB. I was going to find Debbie as suggested, however she found me (thanks Geeg - ;) )

Everything is sorted without a fuss which is really good as i hate complaining about anything. The person shouldn't have come with extensions on - of course, but the letter I got didn't actually say this. It did on the L&P letter, but not on the manicure one....

Anyway, they have kindly let me spend some more time with the trainer to get confident with natural nails which is perfect.

I can't fault the customer service of S2, and I will be booking further courses without worry!

Latest posts

Back