Should I politely complain a little?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmit2

Reaction score
Hi

I've been on the Naturally Nails Manicure Course at S2 and I didn't really get out of it what I thought I would and wondered if I should say something.

The trainer was fab so that's not an issue and the products are lovely too, but here is my problem..

I thought I would be able to give a full manicure to someone. The model I had to practise on (also a trainee) had acrylic nails on...? Thus, i didn't get to prep a natural nail, I couldn't file a natural nail and I couldn't inspect and get a feel for what type of nails she had (consultation and apraisal). I was really upset by this but didn't want to make a fuss as the educator said it was fine as I could work around them. I didn't find it fine at all. I also didn't get to paint them- no one did.

Also, I was keen on learning how to paint nails but since we were running over time she quickly demonstrated how to paint one nail in a dark colour and did 3 nails french.....we didn't get to practice painting at all as everyone wanted to go home as it was so late, which is understandable.....but I had thought I would have the opportunity to paint a set of natural nails and complete the process of a manicure....wouldn't you think so?

My tools which they said they would have ready for me also were not available so i had to borrow a set. Which wasn't a problem, but just adds to my complaint really.

Am i being petty? I feel like i've been cheated out of my natural nails experience and learning :(

I'd be grateful if anyone can say what I should do....I'm also booked onto the L&P course next week.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you are being petty atall. It all sounds a bit odd. Wouldn't you expect to attend a course with natural nails if you are going to be each others models? That's what I've been told for my course (not S2) and I've been told what polishing we will be doing.

Why don't you give them a ring and explain how you feel? You never know, they may offer you a one to one to allow you to practice the things you should have done.

I would ring them, can't believe she had acrylic nails on, how unhelpful! maybe just explain what happened and ask if you could come to another class and this time have a natural nail to work on x

I would for sure ring S2 - they are renowned for their excellent customer satisfaction and I am sure that they will do all they can to help xx

I don't think your being petty at all and if this is how you feel, then you should call S2 to disscuse the issues you have.

I know it's beside the point but if your doing an L&P with them next week, you will learn proper PREP while doing that course,, just bear in mind that you do not use anything lower then a 240 grit file on a natural nail and you would not remove the shine in a manicure like you would when applying an enhancement. Also I was don't on my S2 manicure course that I should only file in one direction while shaping a natural nail. You could also ask if your trainer could go over polishing with you as you did not get to do it yourself on your manicure course.

As for the tools not being there, I'm sorry to say I'm not surprised at all, none of our Brisa kits where there for my Brisa training and our lovely trainer managed to put together a kit using her own stock but even then some items where posted to me after a few calls to S2 as I did not get them at my training. That combined with a few other things have lead me to believe that organisation is not one of S2's strong points but as I love the CND products and the training has been excellant so far, I have just accepted that I just have to put up with it as they are the only suppliers of CND in the uk and there have a captive market as I can not go to another supplier as the is not one.

Hope you get everything sorted when you ring S2

Sam xx

HTH

Sam xx

yes def phone them and voice your concerns. personally i think painting nails is one of the most difficult things to learn, alot of people struggle with it, yes it does take practice at home, but you need to be shown a few techniques and be watched to see where you're going wrong. surely for a natural nail manicure course you should be asked to remove false nails before you attend? even if you phone them just to advise they ask people to do so in future. i'd personally be just as miffed as you are.

I'd give them a call as well - you really don't expect that on a 'natural' nail course.

As for the kit, I agree with Lunarstorm, the same happened with MINX kits - the organisation doesn't seem all that at S2 Training Days :( Shame really as it's an otherwise fab company.

Hi,i complained to them about me l&p course,along with all the other ladies,and we got a refreshers day for free so defo give them a call and theyl sort it!x

Sent from my X10i

I would def complain hun you paid to go on the course to learn how to manicure natural nails you never done this . Also agree with previous poster re painting nails it takes lots of practise to get it right x

Sorry I have to say this but my experience of S2 so far has been very poor to say the least. They have been out of stock of cool blue for a number of weeks and seeing as this is a vital part of nail care it is very poor stock control. I also done the natural nails training but only got to do 2 nails and paint 1 nail we did not even get to do french. When I done my minx training I only done 1 toenail. Considering CND training is considered to be amongst the best I am extremely disappointed. I also waited all day today for a phone call that I was promised but it did not materialise, not sure when I will receive my certificate as they are very backlogged - wish I could tell my clients that I don't know when the will get what they have paid for because I am too busy.......:Scared:

All my experiences with S2 have been pleasant ones. I'm sure they would be very upset you didn't get what you hoped for from the course and I'm sure they will try put this right. Also, with regards to the stock control, I agree it's frustrating when a company you rely has stock problems but they are normally very very good. I think they have been re packaging things ect... But if you call
And speak to someone there and voice your concerns then they will
Help :) politely and professionally dealt with, I find them great.! (although a little disappointed they are discontinuing the performance tips! I can't understand why?! They are brill!) Xxx

hey hun

don't be disheartened speak to Debbie davies in education. I had a few hiccups in my training but she got it sorted for me she was an absolute star and so very helpful.

You'll get it sorted hun don't worry. I re did my training on Tues just gone and absolutely loved it!

Take care x x x

Thanks for all your helpful replies, i don't feel so petty now:)
I'll give S2 a ring and report back what they say.

Thanks all x

Out of interest, after this course are you now a qualified manicurist? x

Out of interest, after this course are you now a qualified manicurist? x

yes, but they obviously expect you to practice loads and learn the theory

i must admit im still not 100% confident with my prep and filing skills although have picked up loads tips on here - it took me a while to offer manicures and shellac:confused:

but it is what it is - a one day intensive training session to teach you the basics of natural nail manicures and you are obviously expected to practise and fine tune your skills at home

hey hun

don't be disheartened speak to Debbie davies in education. I had a few hiccups in my training but she got it sorted for me she was an absolute star and so very helpful.

You'll get it sorted hun don't worry. I re did my training on Tues just gone and absolutely loved it!

Take care x x x

Absolutely speak with Debbie and voice your concerns, 01132173801. We never want anyone to have less than a great experience at a CND training. Sometimes things can go awry if students turn up unprepared to model properly as in your case.

S2 will as always do everything possible to give you the experience that you need and deserve.

If you are not happy you should mention it to someone, it isnt complaining as such. It is pointing out things arent/werent as expecte

My entrie experience with S2 has been rubbish so I am not their greatest fan, however this needs to be mentioned as it will (hopefully ) stop it from happening again

Thanks for your feedback - and please... If you aren't ever satisfied (for whatever reason) call ASAP so we can rectify.

Sounds like most issues here in the thread have revolved around education stock. The challenge with most of these stock issues has not been for lack of trying.

CoolBlue had packaging issues that took CND over 6 months to resolve (they have only JUST resolved them and we only just ran out - so more on its way now). This radically affected education kits (CND couldn't make kits up during this time because of the CoolBlue issues so we have been backordered since then on kits).

Curettes have also been a big issue and I have personally been on to the manufacturers every week for the past 2 months. They should be in early next week.

As a distributor, we are often at the mercy of our suppliers. Most of the time, we are able to mitigate most issues by managing our stock levels to the degree that our customers aren't ever affected by us being short shipped or backordered for periods of time - however that is an ever moving target and we inevitably can't sustain long periods of back orders like in these issues (especially if there is a surge of demand of the backordered products). We do what we can (assemble kits, break down other kits, etc...) and trust me when I say it frustrates (to no end) the entire team.

We have a great team that is pretty proud of our commitment to our customers. No one takes it lightly if we don't exceed their expectations.

Best handling of a complaint I've seen in my entire working career...and believe me I've seen a lot...

I would definitely give them a call and I'm sure they can resolve things for you.
Perhaps if timing is an issue they may be better putting the course over 2 days and charging double for it.

Your partner having enhancements on really isn't their fault, everyone will have been given the same info to be enhancement free and I can only imagine that this will have put the trainer in a very uncomfortable position.

There have been several people on here saying about stock, as Sam said they can only get what CND and their other suppliers can supply at any given time and in my experience they always do their utmost to work around this......would people prefer that S2 said, oh well we have no curettes, we'll have to cancel your training course til we have them in stock?
In terms of tools and products like Cool Blue it's not that difficult for us as professionals to get a similar product from elsewhere until the stock issues are resolved.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back