Should my gel overlay be thicker? Critique, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
My first GHG. It's sculpted on. What do you all think. ;-) should it be as hard as acrylic? X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362909512.032531.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362909512.032531.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 304
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362909540.731753.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362909540.731753.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 301
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362909687.724106.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362909687.724106.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 294
No I don't think the nail has been built correctly or strongly enough.

The gel also looks rather dull and un attractive to me and not the way I would want a finished enhancement to look for a paying client.

There is also a problem at the free edge of the first image.

What is GHG?

No I don't think the nail has been built correctly or strongly enough.

The gel also looks rather dull and un attractive to me and not the way I would want a finished enhancement to look for a paying client.

There is also a problem at the free edge of the first image.

What is GHG?

Gelish hard gel, Geeg. Sorry to butt in. lol.

Gelish hard gel, Geeg. Sorry to butt in. lol.

NO .. thank you .. I had no idea and probably neither did anyone else unless they happen to use it. Not impressed with the look of that.

I assume this is not your finished nail because GHG is very shiney when finished. I also assume this is just one nail you did on yourself.

You need to build the apex for more strength and there seems to be a problem with the outer corner at the smile line on the first picture. So to answer your question, no there isn't enough product on the nail.

Have you done a GHG course or a gel sculpting course? GHG is great to work with and easy to get to grips with once you know how.

There are quite a few threads on Gelish Hard Gel (GHG) if you do a search.

Last edited:
Hi

Question no 1! Have you completed the Gelish Hard Gel course?

Is the first picture a tip, it doesn't quite look like it fits the nail correctly.

I cant see a great deal from the 'barrel' shot really to comment.

But the last pic looks a little like the free edge 'dips' down a bit like it could be a sculpt and the form was not fitted correctly.

You do need to 'build' your shape/apex in there for strength that is very important .... if it is too thin/not built where it needs to be it will break ( as would any other system applied like this)

Can you take a side shot of the finger?

Latest posts

Back