Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's because you've done a classic set 1 on eyelash. It's the volume ones that look thicker and fuller. It's a different technique ! You are doing fine just want more practise ! Isolate as much as you can and try and put lashes on every clients lash :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks hun, ive got a lady in 10 mins so ill be lashing every lash I can! She's got straight lashes that point down so should be fun... :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks hun, ive got a lady in 10 mins so ill be lashing every lash I can! She's got straight lashes that point down so should be fun... :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Use more curl if they are straight to lift them up ;)

Hey Heather

Training should be going live in the next 6-8 weeks. We are just getting everything in place at the moment, manuals, website, kits etc so that everything is prefect.
Will let you know when it's live xx

I'd love to train with you too. Please could you let me know when training is available?
Thanks!! X

Hey Heather

Training should be going live in the next 6-8 weeks. We are just getting everything in place at the moment, manuals, website, kits etc so that everything is prefect.
Will let you know when it's live xx
Hi Frankie, yes please hun, definately interested in this xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Use more curl if they are straight to lift them up ;)

Hiya,

I had a lady yesterday whose lashes were very short & extremely straight...I've managed 3 sets up til now (case studies as I'm still training!) and she has been by far the HARDEST set I've had so far...her lashes were not only straight but criss crossed ALL over the place at at the corners (inner & outer) they curled in so was impossible to do anything with them (see photo attached) I am at a loss as to what to do. The set took me 3 hours & I could have carried on but her back was hurting so had to stop. I think now, looking back I should have used a different curl but, which one? Perhaps a D curl? I've only been trained in J curl but can see that these really didn't suit her eyes/ face shape. Any advice would be great please...I'm such a perfectionist that I could have spent even more time on her just to get it right no matter how long it took me!! What do I do with lashes like these?

Thank you in advance xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401095442.278359.jpg

Hiya,

I had a lady yesterday whose lashes were very short & extremely straight...I've managed 3 sets up til now (case studies as I'm still training!) and she has been by far the HARDEST set I've had so far...her lashes were not only straight but criss crossed ALL over the place at at the corners (inner & outer) they curled in so was impossible to do anything with them (see photo attached) I am at a loss as to what to do. The set took me 3 hours & I could have carried on but her back was hurting so had to stop. I think now, looking back I should have used a different curl but, which one? Perhaps a D curl? I've only been trained in J curl but can see that these really didn't suit her eyes/ face shape. Any advice would be great please...I'm such a perfectionist that I could have spent even more time on her just to get it right no matter how long it took me!! What do I do with lashes like these?

Thank you in advance xx
View attachment 65991

These don't look bad but I can't really see the lashes very clearly.

A little advice is offer is I wouldn't jump to a d curl I would probably have used a c curl the ds are often too curly for most clients, hd are easier to use that's why most places train with these but I would say get on to using those other curls b curl and c curl as soon as you can. They do look a little empty on the inner and outer corners I tend to start with problem lashes first if they are all cross crossed curly bent etc try to keep lashes applied in a uniformed state all nice and straight as when they open eyes they can look very different to closed so if not placed straight can look messy. Those that start off cross crossed may just need a really good brush, if they are particularly messy you could offer a lash lift to perm them straighter, curlier, correct any flaws of natural lashes etc

The best way to show case studies would be before: open closed and side and after: open closed and side views

I hope I've helped a little

Thank you Bonkers, that's great advice and will definitely try to start using different curls as soon as I can :) I actually meant to write B curl rather than D curl (apologies!) but u saying to use a C curl has helped me greatly :) thank u! I have another lady next week who has short & straight lashes so it will be interesting to see how the C curl works on her!

Thank you Bonkers, that's great advice and will definitely try to start using different curls as soon as I can :) I actually meant to write B curl rather than D curl (apologies!) but u saying to use a C curl has helped me greatly :) thank u! I have another lady next week who has short & straight lashes so it will be interesting to see how the C curl works on her!

C curl is my favourite !! Love it! D curl don't suit everyone and is quiet tricky so it'd be hard to learn using D curl. Practice on B and and C then when your confident move on D. I never use J curl hardly ever. Don't like it

Thank you DollsEyes, much appreciated :) will try B & C curl as soon as I can :) will order some today in fact! I was so disappointed with this last set that I'm going back to my lady to remove & do the whole set again...with a different curl too!! Case study or no case study, they have to be perfect! x

Don't be disappointed ! We've all started from somewhere :) I've been doing lashes for 3 years to get where I am now and I still don't think I'm anywhere near perfection and I'm trying to archive more and learn more :) so just make sure you use really good products, try and practice on as many people as you can. Read all the tips from here :)

I think perhaps I am a it too hard on myself...I want to be the best at it too soon!! Got a few ladies lined up so will practice practice practice for sure :) Another problem I had was with the glue I was using...it's supposed to dry in around 5 secs (Pro 5) but it just didn't seem to dry quick enough for me...I tried then using less glue & by the time I'd go back to that eye & comb the lashes through it would simply come off with the comb! Perhaps I need a quicker drying glue? Why it doesn't cure in the 5 secs it's supposed to I have no idea :(

I think perhaps I am a it too hard on myself...I want to be the best at it too soon!! Got a few ladies lined up so will practice practice practice for sure :) Another problem I had was with the glue I was using...it's supposed to dry in around 5 secs (Pro 5) but it just didn't seem to dry quick enough for me...I tried then using less glue & by the time I'd go back to that eye & comb the lashes through it would simply come off with the comb! Perhaps I need a quicker drying glue? Why it doesn't cure in the 5 secs it's supposed to I have no idea :(

When I've first started doing lashes I've been using blink ultra glue. It's not too fast as sky glue ( sky glue sets in 1-2 seconds and it'd be too fast for you). So maybe it's worth a try to use blink one. It flirties one people really recommend that one too

When I've first started doing lashes I've been using blink ultra glue. It's not too fast as sky glue ( sky glue sets in 1-2 seconds and it'd be too fast for you). So maybe it's worth a try to use blink one. It flirties one people really recommend that one too

Ok great, thanks again for the advice :) Where could I buy this Blink glue?

Oh my gosh you girls are so good at volume lashing I am really struggling with them they take hours with this as a result 😢 I think it's because I actually struggle to see the lashes as they are so fine ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401112064.966238.jpg

Ok great, thanks again for the advice :) Where could I buy this Blink glue?

You can get it if eBay, just try 5g little bottle first I think it's around £12

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401121819.007346.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401121830.983960.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401121842.100359.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401121850.333865.jpg

0.07 D curl 11, 12 mm

Try the Flirties expert strength again small bottles you can order a free sample from them online too, I also like the Flirties ultra www.flirties.co.uk for samples or ordering plus til 31st may there is 20% off x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401125252.803928.jpg

Try the Flirties expert strength again small bottles you can order a free sample from them online too, I also like the Flirties ultra www.flirties.co.uk for samples or ordering plus til 31st may there is 20% off x View attachment 66021

Thanks for that, I've read great reviews about it :) will I be able to order it though? It says on their website that once the order is placed I have to then email them a copy of my certificate of qualification...I'm not qualified as yet, got my qualification date of 3rd July!

Oh my gosh you girls are so good at volume lashing I am really struggling with them they take hours with this as a result 😢 I think it's because I actually struggle to see the lashes as they are so fine View attachment 66002

You will get there Hun. When did you train?

Latest posts

Back