Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1st case study after training. Took just over an hour and not as full as what they could be. Any pointers for next set?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381335990.094062.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381335990.094062.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 500
But they do look very natural! Lindabop. Well done.

Thanks. Think I was very lucky for my 1st case study because she had lovely lashes to start with x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

For a first set they are brilliant especially in just over an hour!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381352856.477800.jpg This is my 5th set, I am really pleased with them. Took me 2 hours and there are 70+ lashes on each eye (.2 9&11mm J lashes) I can still see fault with them, but after yesterday's lashes I was really disheartened and wondered if it was worth all the stress. Any criticism and welcome. Thanks xxxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381353179.769136.jpg6d volume set done this evening. Still a long way to go till I'm 100% happy with my sets.

View attachment 44960 This is my 5th set, I am really pleased with them. Took me 2 hours and there are 70+ lashes on each eye (.2 9&11mm J lashes) I can still see fault with them, but after yesterday's lashes I was really disheartened and wondered if it was worth all the stress. Any criticism and welcome. Thanks xxxx

They look really good but it looks like two are touching water line could just be photo but if she gets any irritation I would remove the two that are lower down. Dont get disheartened though lashes are really difficult to master and you are well on the way x

They look really good but it looks like two are touching water line could just be photo but if she gets any irritation I would remove the two that are lower down. Dont get disheartened though lashes are really difficult to master and you are well on the way x

Thank you for your feed back. I will message her today to make sure they are not irritating her :) xx

Hi everyone,
First of all, your eyelashes looks so gorgeous and full. I'm a newbee and did eyelash extensions course last week. Done about 5 models but I cant create the full look as you girls. What am I'm doing wrong? Looks like I can only do half sets and they don't lay perfectly up either. Have a look at the pictures. Thanks.
ps. Sorry for hijacking this thread but thought this would be the perfect place as you girls are so good at your job!

Attachments

• CYMERA_20131010_143017.jpg
    CYMERA_20131010_143017.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 365
  • CYMERA_20131010_142909.jpg
    CYMERA_20131010_142909.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 345
  • CYMERA_20131008_121357.jpg
    CYMERA_20131008_121357.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 379
Hi everyone,
First of all, your eyelashes looks so gorgeous and full. I'm a newbee and did eyelash extensions course last week. Done about 5 models but I cant create the full look as you girls. What am I'm doing wrong? Looks like I can only do half sets and they don't lay perfectly up either. Have a look at the pictures. Thanks.
ps. Sorry for hijacking this thread but thought this would be the perfect place as you girls are so good at your job!

Hi
Have a good read thorough this thread as u will find that many before have asked the same question.
Firstly do not expect to be a pro straight away - lashing takes time.
Your lashes all seem to look pretty much the same length so start using different length ie starting at inner corner : 7,8,9,10,11,9 just a guide, this will help to create dimension.
You look like u have quite a few lashes stuck together, and I can see u have missed a few. Invest in a good glue to prevent these lashes sticking.
Take your time to read through this thread to as lots of advice to learn from
Hth

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381526662.416519.jpg A set from today. Not my best as limited time with client - and not great lashes to start with. As you can see quite a few gaps in natural lashes as a result of client abuse and previous lashes being too heavy. Lashes built up using standard lash method as well as volume lashes incorporated throughout without weighing the lashes down and causing more damage.

Thanks for your feedback lielash. I'm gobsmacked with your latest picture. Do you have a facebook page I can like? I will read up more on this thread. ;)

I was using Lash Perfects odour free glue which takes about 8 sec to dry, so probably thats why the eyelashes are stuck together (ive not waited long enough before I moved on).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We've all been there :)
I know 0.20 thick lashes are maybe easier to pick but with 0.15 you'll get better results.
Try to put as many lashes as you can, dont miss even small lashes (for small lashes, use small and thin extensions, such as 8-9mm 0.15 thick)
Don't rush as it makes it all worse ;)
Good luck!!

Thank you for you tips Dreamlashes. Do you find it faster with loose lashes or strip lashes?

Thanks for your feedback lielash. I'm gobsmacked with your latest picture. Do you have a facebook page I can like? I will read up more on this thread. ;)

I was using Lash Perfects odour free glue which takes about 8 sec to dry, so probably thats why the eyelashes are stuck together (ive not waited long enough before I moved on).

You can have a look at my Facebook page - eyelash extensions in Kent.

Work with strip lashes off your hand and get a glue ring to pop on your thumb .

I used to favour .20s but have found ..15 so much nicer and most my ladies can't support .20s

U need a glue that dries in approx 2 secs - lash base extreme is quite good to start off with and reasonable.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381596426.804833.jpgvery tricky set done today. Client has very short, fine lashes that are tightly packed together and almost impossible to separate. She also has natural gaps so all in very difficult and time consuming.

Use of standard lash technique, 3d and gap bridging to create this effect / with a few blue lashes thrown in.

Hi Girls,

Done my very first set of lashes today on my sister. Was really pleased with them.... until she opened her eyes :( looking head on you could hardly see them.

I used a J curl lash so was wondering if this is why or is it just my application?Would a C curl created more of an effect from head on.

Please have a look at tell me what you think, any criticism welcomed!x

Attachments

• Helens Lashes 001.jpg
    Helens Lashes 001.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Helens Lashes 003.jpg
    Helens Lashes 003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 312
  • Helens Lashes 004.jpg
    Helens Lashes 004.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 311
Hi lielash, I am absolutely in love with your work, where did u train for 6d lashes they are amazing! I need to have this technique in my life! Lol x

Thank you for you tips Dreamlashes. Do you find it faster with loose lashes or strip lashes?

I think it all about what you've used to.
When I was being trained few years ago, I used loose lashes and then been using them since then. I so used to it that I find it easier and quicker to pick loose lashes than the others.
However if someone uses more "tray" lashes - they would probably say it's easier than with loose ones.

I did a training a while go and my trainee practiced on tray lashes as well as loose ones. She claimed tray lashes were easier to pick as they were all up right in the ideal position. But on the other hand loose lashes might be easier when you get more experience as they're separated on your eyelash holder and you dont waste time for separating them from the others on a tray. Hope that makes sense :green:

Latest posts

Back