Show us your nail stations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PMSL!!! OMG, I know exactly how you feel! My last table was quite high, so it was quite impossible to use...I felt exactly the same. (my cats had actually claimed it for a while! :irked:)

I've only been using it again for the past couple of days, and I love it...I get the clients to rest their forearms over it and have their hands over the curve, and its great, they dont move. I was using towels, couch roll and another rectangular shaped arm rest before but the clients would literally push everything on top of me...I'm a bit OCD about having space while I work and that was really stressing me out!

Try possibly putting your chair a little bit higher and giving it another go!
Can I ask where did you get this nail pillow as I like it x

LOL!!!! I seriously worry about my "concentrating" face...I'm sure I stick my tongue out, hold my breath and squint (because I keep forgetting to wear my glasses)...very attractive!!!

The clients definitely need wrist straps...I had one yesterday that didn't want to give me her hands! Kept putting them back under the desk!

I'm only 5' 3", I sit on a hairdressing stool as low as it will go and have the clients seat as low as it will go too. I'm comfy and the clients are too (no one has said any different).

I hope your back gets better...I keep having to remind myself to sit straight...I tend to ain't at an angle, so the NailPillo has really helped me work straight on too.

My lamp is from Amazon, it's a clip on daylight one...it's SO tiny but gives out amazing light...I think it was about £25...

Thanks for that, will have a peak at Amazon then. I'm hoping to get the table you have so at least I know it will clip on. Is the desk quite low then?

Thank you, it's getting better apart from that woman yesterday. I think sitting on her lap would have made things a whole lot easier.

Some clients have said I really concentrate etc. I wonder now if I'm pulling a face. If I didn't wear my glasses I wouldn't even see where their hands were and would probably end up painting their kneecaps or something.

Not that I'm great at painting or anything, but I take their hand and place it where I want it. My tutor told me to do that, told me clients expect it! Just tell them you need their hand 'here' and move it for them, exactly how you want it. They're fine, really.

I've tried that, they just keep moving their hands further and further back, under the desk or even sitting on them. Some clients are really good, others not so much.

Thanks for that, will have a peak at Amazon then. I'm hoping to get the table you have so at least I know it will clip on. Is the desk quite low then?

Thank you, it's getting better apart from that woman yesterday. I think sitting on her lap would have made things a whole lot easier.

Some clients have said I really concentrate etc. I wonder now if I'm pulling a face. If I didn't wear my glasses I wouldn't even see where their hands were and would probably end up painting their kneecaps or something.

I've tried that, they just keep moving their hands further and further back, under the desk or even sitting on them. Some clients are really good, others not so much.

You need a hand cling for your table and tell them they need to keep their hand there whilst the other is being painted! Xx

The table is fairly low, but you can adjust the height of it too! x

What do you think of the view from my desk? :p x

Hi, what size is your tanning area? I was thinking of a similar idea for my room!
Love the paper to!

As good as finished now, so pleased with it!

Attachments

• room1.jpg
    room1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 966
  • room2.jpg
    room2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,025
Just starting my new setup.. Currently in "moving" from one house to another so a bit messy sorry!! Found my dream desk finally:) i am very pleased with it!
Haven't unpacked my cnd lamps yet so still figuring out where to out them..lol

IMG_20130627_232311-1.jpg
IMG_20130627_232335-1.jpg
IMG_20130627_232529.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I love your desk! Where's it from?? xx

Last edited:

I love your desk! Where's it from?? xx

Yes it is from ikea they only do it in black or white for this one. Its called Besta Burs( got it on sale for 100$)
I love it.. Its long and not too wide but just enough and has two drawers. I also bought a black tinted glass from ikea 20$ to go on top of it to protect the desk and the side drawers unit is called Micke and is very very useful!:)

Here is mine. I have a one room salon and this is looking out over our busy street so the client has something to look at lol.
I'm only open 2 weeks but its been great so far!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372429979.126340.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372429979.126340.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,018
This is my very first post, and my new set up! I love it!
Louise

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372457026.057049.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372457026.057049.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,006
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372457041.863808.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372457041.863808.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 945
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372457059.250648.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372457059.250648.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 942
Louise...welcome. Love your set up, especially the wall paper xxx

Thanks! I've had lots of compliments on the wallpaper, I do love a funky print x

Here is mine. I have a one room salon and this is looking out over our busy street so the client has something to look at lol.
I'm only open 2 weeks but its been great so far!

Looks lovely but I'd be careful with the Gelish bottles so close to the window. Keep those little circles covered.

My little room ready for its first full paying customer on Monday!
9u2yqeta.jpg
eme4u6uq.jpg
a9a5a4eb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My little room ready for its first full paying customer on Monday!
9u2yqeta.jpg
eme4u6uq.jpg
a9a5a4eb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
This looks great, is it within your home?

I've just had the decorators in, floors going down on Wednesday, then I can sort out all my things and post a few pics xx

Yes it is from ikea they only do it in black or white for this one. Its called Besta Burs( got it on sale for 100$)
I love it.. Its long and not too wide but just enough and has two drawers. I also bought a black tinted glass from ikea 20$ to go on top of it to protect the desk and the side drawers unit is called Micke and is very very useful!:)

If it's the one I'm thinking, in the uk they do it in red, black, grey and white.

Lovely long size for all your bits though x

Latest posts

Back