Show us your nail stations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little room ready for its first full paying customer on Monday!
9u2yqeta.jpg
eme4u6uq.jpg
a9a5a4eb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I've been eying up that lamp, but it's only 11 watts; what do you think of the light it gives you? It really is elegant. Lovely wall decal too x

My little room ready for its first full paying customer on Monday!
9u2yqeta.jpg
eme4u6uq.jpg
a9a5a4eb.jpg

Gosh, I love everything about your room!! :love:

Can I ask where you got your butterflies from?

Oh, and your lamp too? xx

I've been looking at the desk lamp and it looks like the daylight one - capital have it. I'm sure plumapple will confirm though x

This looks great, is it within your home?
Yes it is.my hubby converted half the garage for me. Its only diddy but perfect for what I need! :)

I've been eying up that lamp, but it's only 11 watts; what do you think of the light it gives you? It really is elegant. Lovely wall decal too x
I am getting on well with the lamp. I always have a lot of light from my spotlights too though.

Butterflies were just from store 21!! Saw them and they were ideal to match my colour and logo!
Lamp was from ellisons as they had 10% off but other places do them too. Its the daylight ultra slim manicure lamp.
Thanks all x

The wall decal speaks volumes, I love it. :biggrin: Where is it from?

The wall decal speaks volumes, I love it. :biggrin: Where is it from?

That's what I loved about it. Just says have what you want, something wacky, something plain- be yourself- be beautiful! Everyone is unique!
From a seller on ebay x

Yep, bang on the money! Who are we to judge what is beautiful? People need to find their own beauty and it definitely comes from within. :biggrin:

Thank you, I may look for something with a similar message.

where did you buy the tall unit from? its just what i need for my very small room.

OMG! That wallpaper! I love it!

Where is it from? (Welcome btw!) x

Thanks!!! It's graham & brown 'crowns & coronets' I got it from little woods but loads of places sell it...I love it too!!! X

If it's the one I'm thinking, in the uk they do it in red, black, grey and white.

Lovely long size for all your bits though x

Here in quebec canada they only have it in black or white.. Wish they had the red one!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Here in quebec canada they only have it in black or white.. Wish they had the red one!

They have it in white, black, grey and red. Was just at ikea Montreal yesterday :) if you have the bill you might be able to take it back should you want the red.

Ps nice to meet a fellow Montrealer!! Yay:)

They have it in white, black, grey and red. Was just at ikea Montreal yesterday :) if you have the bill you might be able to take it back should you want the red.

Ps nice to meet a fellow Montrealer!! Yay:)

No way! I was at ikea boucherville and the ikea salesman told me they only had it in black and white! Oh well :( kinda sad i wiah i had the red one but my whole setup is around green and black now lol

After a couple of months of being at my new rented space within a hair salon, my desk is how I want it and I'm finally settled in...Here's my space

Sorry to be a pain asking questions about this. Is the glass supported by legs or just the base units? Did you have to secure the glass onto the units or is it sturdy enough to hold on its own?

Sorry to be a pain asking questions about this. Is the glass supported by legs or just the base units? Did you have to secure the glass onto the units or is it sturdy enough to hold on its own?

Don't worry about it, ask away! I asked a million and one questions before I decided to buy it.

Well, you have 2 options

1) use the storage legs as actual legs with the glass resting on top.

2) Use the legs that actually screw into the glass table top with the storage legs at the sides.

I had my glass resting at first, but it just didn't feel secure to me, as its not actually attached to the storage legs, just literally held on by rubber washers.

I decided to get the screw on legs, so glad I did, it feels a lot more secure.

Hope this helps, if you want to ask anymore questions please do x

Thank you MummyCat, so with the legs is it the same height at the storage units?

These were a couple of weeks ago and so the salon wasn't quite finished. The desks are made from vintage wine crates which actually open for storage and reclaimed floorboards.

Thank you MummyCat, so with the legs is it the same height at the storage units?

Yes, possibly about 1/2 cm taller so that the edges of the glass table top slot over the storage legs.

If you want any close up pictures, let me know as I'm in the salon today x

I have done exactly the same thing, kept my black glass ikea desk with to screw on legs and just put the storage leg at the end, as I had the same issue with it not feeling 100% secure after the rubber pads moved from the leg screw holes. I love how it gives me the extra room. I love my desk.

Not best pic but you can see the storage unit on the eft gives a lot more space.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 858
This might be better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 747

Latest posts

Back