Show us your Swarovski manicures and pedicures!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S5 crystals with Starburst gelish

I use nsi polish pro for mine...base coat cure...and then place the crystals along the bottom and work up the sides then fill in...in the lamp for 30 seconds (or 2 mins if iv had to use a little more base to help them stay)...then a really thin top coat scrubbing the brush between the crystals..cure and cleanse. If you put it too thick it'll cover the crystals and you won't get the shine and effect you get from them...I use ss5 on some i use sparkling glitter underneath for black silver gold and really bright xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376303912.832160.jpg
Here's my first attempt, just hope they stay on!!

hi girls i tried doing dimontes, not crystals as lots people said they cant afford crystal price. So tried dimontes on my feet today in tacky layer. God it was sooo difficult handling those dimontes. Put top coat on and some of them came off in tc brush. Anyway managed to tc two times,.after 3hrs most of them fell off :..why. ?....i did crystals ages ago they didnt fell off. Are dimontes not supposed to stay long or i shd have used glue with them. Many people would have them but only if they stay. ? Thank God i tried this on myself not on client.

I really pushed them into the tacky layer with an orange wood stick, then did first top coat with a striping brush to get right in between the stones. Then another topcoat layer all over.

I really pushed them into the tacky layer with an orange wood stick, then did first top coat with a striping brush to get right in between the stones. Then another topcoat layer all over.

Sal365yours r crystals. Mine are ( were ) dimontes those little tiny things. They didnt stay at all. Will try again 2mrw by pushing them in tacky layer with orangewood stick. If they dont stay i cant offer them to people (not that i got many clients but am trying to show new things to people ).Gutted as i didnt had breakfast as was doing those dimontes thing. Will try again 2mrw. If anyone knows any trick please let me know Thankyou x

So nobody uses Gel bond to apply their crystals? Do they last well just by being added to shellac colour.

Do you add then to uncured or cured Shellac?

Thanks

I use Gel Bond for the row along the free egde, this is how I was taught by CND.

It could be to do with the silver foil on the backs it's different to the Swarovski ones...I'm not sure but just a thought x

I use Gel Bond for the row along the free egde, this is how I was taught by CND.

What class were you taught this in? I have done all of the Shellac Classes and never been taught how to use Crystals.... :(

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376338759.764124.jpg
I use bio sculpture and size ss5 I don't like the finished look of the bigger crystals x

How are you all picking up the crystals? If I use a tiny bit of topcoat on an orange wood stick the topcoat dulls the shine. What are those picky upper things called with the rubber end?

I use a wood stick with brace wax on the end as on the robin moses utube videos, it works a treat x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

i use a cocktail stick with blue tac in the end.....one end to dip in glue and the other end to pick up crystal...simples :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376345521.358914.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376345501.314530.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376345501.314530.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 954
Heres mine. Ss5 AB set in soak off gel. I will try the fingernail fixer way next time.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376346550.612601.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376346550.612601.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,107
SS12's, 9's, 7's, 5's and 3's

Crystal AB

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376346649.770127.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376346649.770127.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376346735.503183.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376346735.503183.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 989
i use a cocktail stick with blue tac in the end.....one end to dip in glue and the other end to pick up crystal...simples :)

That's a good idea. So the crystal comes off easily and doesn't get stuck in the blu tak?

I used to have one of those picky upper sticks with the orange rubber bit on the end but can't find it and can't for the life of me remember what they're called lol

That's a good idea. So the crystal comes off easily and doesn't get stuck in the blu tak?

I used to have one of those picky upper sticks with the orange rubber bit on the end but can't find it and can't for the life of me remember what they're called lol

I think I actually had one called a 'picker upper' lol! I can't find mine either though...x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What class were you taught this in? I have done all of the Shellac Classes and never been taught how to use Crystals.... :(

The crystal pedicure class.

Latest posts

Back