Showcase Comp Nail art box

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
Hi
I'm being entered into the showcase nail art competition at excel next month, representing my college.
i don't have time to make box or have any lying around, does anybody know where i could get a suitable box from?
thanks in advance
lisa

Most shops that sell picture frames have small deep boxes that are ideal. Find something that's 1" to 2" deep. Remove the back and glue some black velvety material on this to mount the tips on. Gives a nice matt look which shows off the tips to best effect.

thats a brilliant idea, thank you very much for your help x

I had some nail art in an exhibition last year and bought a 3D frame from Hobby craft, but it's too big for your competition.

However, I check all the charity shops, they are usually inundated by old frames and have managed to gather a nice little stock of 3D frames in all sizes. And very cheap.

The hobbycraft one cost a pretty fortune!!!

thanks for your reply, i've had a look around my local shops and couldnt find any box frames, so i've got a clear box thats the right size, i just need to get some material to put in the bottom now, do you think a sheet of couloured paper would be ok?

Hi Lisa Marie

Paper would probably work, but to be honest I think fabric (particularly velvet or satin, something rich looking) would be much better.

You are showing off your painstaking work! Put it in a gorgeous frame and let it shine :)

thanks for your advice, i've raided my aunties cardmaking box and got some nice coloured fabric that fits perfect.
thank you again x

Latest posts

Back