Shrinking Violet - looking for your tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forevervodka

Reaction score
Before I get jumped on to contact the distributors directly - I have a while ago, and was given good advice but I still feel I'm maybe lacking something....

I've only done 4 wraps, but struggling to get any loss off of the clients, but cant see what I'm doing wrong. I really want to get a good result for my customers, and I do believe in the product.

Here is what I do:
- I body brush (always tell clients to exfoliate and not moisturise the day of treatment)
- Measure using a circular myo tape & mark where I've measured (on both sides so that I know exactly where the tape has been)
- I measure out & apply the SV, using more if I need to.
- I wrap tightly using at least 3 layers of wrapture, as I was shown in training
- Lay the client on a massage table, single heated blanket underneath, on setting 3 (the highest), cover with a foil blanket & about 3 layers of thick towels.
- Clients left for an hour
- Unwrap, massage in any residue (they are warm, but not sweating)
- re measure, and struggling to see a loss from any areas

......thinking of investing in an Infra red blanket, as heat is the only thing Im thinking may be wrong.

Anyone got some top tips???????

Try turning the heat off half way through I've found that gives them chance to settle down by the time I come to measure. Dehydration can play a huge part too as it makes them swell. I found even if they weren't sweating they were still too warm. Think about your training we didn't even use an electric blanket and I still lost 4.5 inches x

I dont use as many layers as that. I use a heated blanket, a towel, and blanket on top. I wrap going up the body not too tight but tight on way back down. When I do tummy and waist ,I hold the body to pull wrap tight and do a cross over as these areas. I use the large wrap everwhere. I always get inch losses 13.75 being my biggest so far xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask something that has been confusing me for a while?

We are told Shrinking Violet is transported into the body transdermally through the carrier oil to 'empty out' the fat cells. Why is there any need to wrap at all? Surely the way the treatment works, just by massaging the product into the body and letting the client relax for an hour under a warm blanket, the treatment should work just as well - same as the home care principle.
I wonder if it is the 'squeezing the tissues' by wrapping that is producing the instant results - the tighter the wrap the better the inch loss, which might explain some of the high immediate losses?

Please don't all jump at me, this is not a criticism and I do not want to start another SV debate, but I am very curious and would appreciate an explanation why we have to wrap at all?:confused:

The client is never meant to sweat anyway. Otherwise it gives false results as the client is losing a lot of water. The client only needs put in a heated blanket that should be 1 degree higher than body temperature. Just to feel warm. But no the client isn't meant to sweat. That's why in the summer you are not required to use a heated blanket as the body temp will be slightly higher anyway. Are you marking with pen where to measure??

Oh ok I've just realised you do draw where to measure... I only use one layer of wrapture and I always get good results. Are your clients not losing anything???? Even after 3 days? Is it genuine sollution?

Latest posts

Back