Side wall problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
Having problems with my gels lifting at the side Walls, no lifting around eponichium! Prepping the same in both areas so wondering if it's the gel running and touching the side Walls before they go in the lamp? If so how do I avoid it from happening :(

what gel r u using?

Hiya hunni.

Are you using a self levelling gel? Lots of them are s.l these days. A good tip is to apply your gel to one nail at a time and then turn clients hand palm facing upwards for a few seconds to allow the gravity to pull most of the gel into centre of the nail. You can also use your brush to very carefully correct the apex shape, very gently touch tip of the brush to the gel and guide gel to where you want it to be. Then turn hand back to palm side down to allow gel to re level, whilst this happens You can take an orange wood stick and clear up any runs around side walls and eponichium areas. Check down the barrel of the nail to ensure its even both sides and when you're happy, flash cure for 20 secs to freeze the gel on that finger whilst you work on other hand. Once you have done all 5 figers, cure whole hand for the full cure time.

You may also be using a bit too much product, remember to be sparing around eponichium and side walls, you can always add a little more gel to stress area to create apex etc. its easier to build up than to try and remove product.

I used to have the exact same problem in the beginning until I tried this technique and i've never looked back.

Also, make sure your gels are kept at the recommended room temp for your brand, your gel will be too runny if its too warm.

Hth x
Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Sorry to jump on the end is this post, but aromababy you have just given me some great advice, I have been having loads of trouble with lifting at the side walls... But could I ask a couple of questions?? How many layers of gel do you do? I was taught to do two fairly thick layers which was working ok, but then I saw how other were doing it and followed suit. So I am now doing one thin layer and another thick layer.. My only problem with this is when I use white tips the side walls are very thin and the tips is almost poking through. So do I add more gel or blend the side walls of the tip?

Latest posts

Back