Sienna X - itchiness after 10% tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Hi all,

My lady after having a spray tan with me on Thursday has messaged me saying her skin has gone really itchy and a bit rashy. Her last tan with my was August last year. She's asked whether I have changed my tan or the product at all. Which I haven't I have always used this tan on her. The only thing would be it may be a new bottle of solution as obviously I have had tans between her appointments. She has sent me these pictures to show. I have explained that sometimes people do react to products which once they may of been ok with to for whatever reason a skin reaction may of occurred. I have also explained to my knowledge nothing I believe has changed within the tan since I last did her a treatment. What do you girls think? Does this sounds ok? She just wanted to ask me she seems ok genueinly but on her last message to me goes,
"Please don't be offended I am Not annoyed or anything, I am only showing you!!!!!!!!" I didn't know how to take that text? As my previous message to her was only explaining what I have said above? How would you all handle? Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 122
Here is another picture she sent ximage.jpg

This was one of the reasons I stopped using Sienna x. It used to make my stomach incredibly itchy but my customers never said anything. It was only when I stopped using it that some of my regulars mentioned how itchy it made them.

This was one of the reasons I stopped using Sienna x. It used to make my stomach incredibly itchy but my customers never said anything. It was only when I stopped using it that some of my regulars mentioned how itchy it made them.

Oh really? I have never had anyone say anything to me before at all with regards to itchiness. Really unsure what the best thing for her to do would be?

Hi ya I've also become allergic to this tan too. I come up rashey all over & so itchy. I wondered if they had changed any of the ingredients. Xx

I'm allergic to Sienna X also, this is the exact type of reaction I get off it. I can use it on clients and be ok, it's just if ive had the tan myself.

When this happened to me I was fine after the tan, it was the next morning that I noticed, I was soo itchy, especially my inner thighs 😁 and I had the red bumps, it looked a lot worse than it felt though.

The itching died down later that day, i was surprised because I did carry out a skin test and had no reaction, maybe because it was a small patch rather than all over(?)

X.

I was told that the solution had been changed as I had 3 bottles of solution go green on me in no time at all.

I rang and told them about it to which they said they would have someone get back in touch with me but never did, I then emailed them and got no reply. I finally had somebody ring me about 2 weeks ago to ask why I hadn't ordered any stock, not to discuss the green solutions!
I told the girl why and she said there was nothing on the system so said she would send out some samples in the post and offer me some compensation (3 new solitions to replace the ones that went green)
Im still waiting!!

My last Sienna X delivery was green when I opened it. I rang straight away and was told that this was the new formula and green was now normal!!! I asked if they seriously expected me to spray my clients with it and the chap said YES!!! (I did think at one point that this was a wind up!). After me telling him he was having a laugh and much arguing, he agreed to replace the bottles with "tweeked" stock????? I lost 9 tanning sessions whilst I waited for it to arrive. No offer of compensation or good will was given.
After training with Sienna X and being a loyal customer for years, I have now changed supplier for this reason, and because they introduced Sienna X to M&S without even sending me an email, then withdrew it, still without letting customers know. Not good practice!

Hi all,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to give you a bit of an insight as to what has been happening with our solution. In 2013 we made a decision to improve our solution. This was based on research that told us you and your clients wanted us to tone down the warmth of the guide colour, add more olive tones and make the solution fragrance free.

Here at Sienna X, our experts have been evaluating both solutions and we have made the decision to only move forward with our much loved original solution.

We are so sorry that this has been a difficult time for you, and we'd love the chance to try and help you to fall back in love with Sienna X - our customer services team would be happy to send you out a sample of the original solution, simply give them a call to request yours on 0333 600 1200.

Thanks,
Lois @ Sienna X

X

Hi all,

My lady after having a spray tan with me on Thursday has messaged me saying her skin has gone really itchy and a bit rashy. Her last tan with my was August last year. She's asked whether I have changed my tan or the product at all. Which I haven't I have always used this tan on her. The only thing would be it may be a new bottle of solution as obviously I have had tans between her appointments. She has sent me these pictures to show. I have explained that sometimes people do react to products which once they may of been ok with to for whatever reason a skin reaction may of occurred. I have also explained to my knowledge nothing I believe has changed within the tan since I last did her a treatment. What do you girls think? Does this sounds ok? She just wanted to ask me she seems ok genueinly but on her last message to me goes,
"Please don't be offended I am Not annoyed or anything, I am only showing you!!!!!!!!" I didn't know how to take that text? As my previous message to her was only explaining what I have said above? How would you all handle? Xx
I always patch test after 3 months - my clients don't see it as a pain - they see it as a preventative and are happy to spare a few mins to hopefully prevent any problems x sorry to hear your client has had a reaction and her text does sound rather cross x hope you get it sorted - let us know how you get on

Hi there new to tanning I want to get sienna x as my clients keep asking if I have this I normally use tan truth where can I get sienna x please must get what the public want :).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back