Sienna X or Fake Bake training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley92

Reaction score
Hi lovelies,
I'm looking to do a spray tan course and become a mobile spray tanner. I've had a look at different courses and kits and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on which would be better, sienna x or fake bake? Has anyone had any experience with either of these courses and kits? Also, can anyone tell me, if I train with them am I still able to use other brands of tan?
Thanks in advance!

It's honestly just a course. You can do the course and then use any other brand of solution you love!

I trained with Sienna purely because the lady I do my CND Shellac training with did that training and she's amazing. Personally, I love Sienna too so would have used that product whoever I trained with. I'm not a fan of fake bake but I think it comes down to personal preference. Most geeks on here seem to use different brands and also seem to have switched brands at some point too.
Good luck! X

I trained with Sienna purely because the lady I do my CND Shellac training with did that training and she's amazing. Personally, I love Sienna too so would have used that product whoever I trained with. I'm not a fan of fake bake but I think it comes down to personal preference. Most geeks on here seem to use different brands and also seem to have switched brands at some point too.
Good luck! X

I trained with them all. I really don't like Fakebake and being honest St.Tropez either. St.Tropez is the biggest waste of money I ever spent. it's all about trial and error tho right.

I've never gone near St.Tropez more as I think the smell is quite strong of biscuit and I'm not a fan of biscuity smelling tans. I've heard good things about Nouvantan and Moroccan tan but haven't tried them yet. Definitely agree it's about trial and error x

Moroccan tan is on my bucket list!

I did the Moroccan tan course a couple of months ago and love it!

You can buy it from Sweetsquared. I use Moroccan Tan for clients who want a light glow and Norvell's Venetian and Venetian plus for clients who want a darker more Mediterranean tan. Also love the Norvell shower gel and moisturiser. Its all down to personal preference.

Hi.
We have found that the best training courses include the student having the opportunity to complete a spray tan so that any concerns can be addressed.
Regarding spray tan machines most professional units can be used with any brand of tan.
Hope this helps !

I feel like there is as many spray tan tech's out there as there is hairdressers and there are millions of us!... Courses run like a conveyor belt.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I've just booked on to the sienna course for September and bought their kit. I'm excited and nervous! Hope I can get the hang of it. I'm going to bring a model too because I really can't bring myself to strip down and have it done on me! X

Don't fake bake course involve manual tanning aswell, that put me off

I did my levels 1 and 2 Sienna training recently and loved it and find them to be really useful, professional and you get plenty of practice and time to ask questions etc. I would def recommend their training so you made a good choice and the staff are great if you need to call/email with any questions once you are up and running. Good luck!

That's great to hear you have such positive feedback about them, my training date for level 1 is the 15th September and I'm nervous but excited. Did you do your level 2 long after level 1?
Thanks

I booked them both at the same time and I'd advise you book your Level 2 in asap as it's quite different in format to level 1, lots more time to ask questions and perfect your technique. Mine was about 3 weeks after Level 1 so I had time in between to practice on friends but it was only really after Level 2 that I felt confident to start working on paying clients. Good luck!

Ah right thanks for getting back to me. I will definitely try and book the level 2 asap as I can get it all under my belt and get started :)

I have had clients who asked what tan I use cause they don't want Fakebake they say it is orange and I agree I don't and never did use it anyway but I haven't had any one ask for Fakebake to be used.

Hi I use la tan and fake bake, love them both it's down to personal opinion, I don't find fake bake goes orange as it's like sienna x it reacts to the pigments in your skin so goes to the colour you would go in the sun, some tanning products work different and stain the skin, I think sometimes when people go orange it could be about their prep, skin, medication etc rather than the product or would be orange with everyone, I would also give la tan a try lasts a good 7 days if applied and prepped right.. good luck x

Latest posts

Back