Sienna X patches behind knees after 6 days, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monika

Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if someone could help. I did a spray tan with Sienna X solution 10% 6 days ago on a friend. this was her second tan with the same solution.She's gone on holiday and sent me a picture today. Behind her knees she got some patches, then ended up scrubbing it with an exfoliating mitt and is now left with white marks behind her knees. Have I done something wrong? I have a feeling she used some oil based tanning lotion and maybe kept her knees bent for a while and the build up of colour just melted behind her knees? I have no idea but would like to know if there's something I've done wrong to prevent for next time.. The tan dried nicely and after she showered it was fine... Please help.. I'm loosing confidence :(

After 6 days the tan will be starting to wear. Wear behind the knees like you describe could be from wearing leggings that have scrunched up behind the knees and worn the tan from that area quicker? (especially if you get a little bit sweaty). Did she wear leggings home after you tanned her? They could have worn away the spray tan and she just hadn't noticed? Does she get eczema behind the knees?
Hths.

Places like behind the knees, under arms,creases of arms , cleavage etc are more prone to wearing like that after 6 days as beauty4all has said it's wearing off if she hasn't been keeping up with her aftercare (most clients don't!) also heavy sweating is the main cause of these areas it's un avoidable if she's on holiday somewhere hot I think it's fair to say it's probably due to sweating and also sun creams chlorine etc!

Thanks Ladies for your advice.. I've been in touch with Sienna to see what they say and she has said the same as you. I've only been spraying for a month and got really worried that it might be my fault. Feel a bit better about it even though I wouldn't want to be in her shoes with the white patches.. I'm going to order some of the tanning spray from Sienna and maybe offer it in my retail for touch ups in case something like that happens again. Thanks again! :)

Latest posts

Back