Sienna X - using too much product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyHouse

Reaction score
Hey,
I seem to be using way too much tan solution per tan it should be 100 ml and I seem to be using 150 ml.
Why is this ? I am not going over twice but I do get over spray, however I am happy with my spray setting because it comes out perfect. Should I sacrifice perfection to costing ?

Hiya I just done my Sienna training with Nadia
but I'm using less than 50 ml per tan it's coming out ok ,:| so I'm really confused I have little overspray my setting is turn dial 2.5 I do the couch roll test spray and should not wet back of roll but I'm thinking on turning dial to 3 .

Sorry I know I'm off track here but this tanning thing is confusing like you my clients are happy .

Me too, I'm about the 100ml mark and I was told we should only use between 35-50ml per application. Have had great feedback from the clients however am concerned about the costs per tan so any help greatly appreciated x

i use between 35-50ml but i dont use sienna i use brown bitz x

I know this isn't really a solution but I relatively new to tanning, I use sienna and use bang on 50 ml every time and am still trying to reduce it a little. Could you maybe call your training provider? As 100 ml really is alot and as you say, will be quite costly! Hope you get it sorted :)

Omg I really am using way to much.
, my dial is up quite high too. I really need to practice on a lower dial setting I think. Thanks I will call sienna x for advice I think. :)

150ml is really quite a lot. Does it take long for your clients to dry?

I use Sienna and use 50ml for a full body tan and it comes out perfect.

Why don't you bring a friend in as a model and try your dial on a lower setting. Do the couch roll test first ... spray a bit on some couch roll. The back of the couch roll should not be wet.

Good luck xx

The cheaper the machine you use, the more tan you will use and overspray you'll get. I don't know why but you do.

However, I tend to use 50-60ml, my mum used my machine to give me a tan and she hadn't had any training apart from me trying to explain it to her as she did it and she used over double what I use. It was on exactly the same settings but she didn't spray accurately, so all the back of the tent was covered in tan rather than 90% of it being on the clients body. Maybe you need to practice getting the tan so that you start and stop spraying on the body rather than spraying the tent a fair bit if that makes any sense

you should be only using 50 ml no more on your client , i bet your clients are dripping wet :sad:

150ml is waaay too much! The recommended is 50ml but most use about 40ml. I would definitely turn your dial down. It IS easier to spray with the dial turned right up so it's tempting as you don't have to be so close and can do it quicker - but you DO lose money that way.

Hope this helps!

The cheaper the machine you use, the more tan you will use and overspray you'll get. I don't know why but you do.

However, I tend to use 50-60ml, my mum used my machine to give me a tan and she hadn't had any training apart from me trying to explain it to her as she did it and she used over double what I use. It was on exactly the same settings but she didn't spray accurately, so all the back of the tent was covered in tan rather than 90% of it being on the clients body. Maybe you need to practice getting the tan so that you start and stop spraying on the body rather than spraying the tent a fair bit if that makes any sense

Hi All, Just to clarify the usage should be 20+ tans per litre of solution generally speaking but this does depend on what machine you have and also what size people you are spraying. there are two main factors on tanning, correct air pressure and needle size, I particularly recommend the HVLP 5008 For quality and efficiency which is what we use (if anyone requires any details specs p.m me) Generally speaking the lower price units have less robust motors so struggle to handle larger quantities of tanning also generally speaking the needle sizes within the guns are 1.0mm,1.2mm 1.6mm. These units, spray out more solution therefore more overspray, and more solution per tan, But these are great starter units, The lower the needle size the more the solution is sprayed in mist form rather than actual solution drenching the skin, This mist settles better on the skin and gives in my opinion a better all over tan, I personally prefer a 0.8mm needle however smaller needles can be used than this, such as 0.6 and 0.5mm and 0.2mm in the little airbrush units but please bare in mind the lower the needle size the time of spraying will increase slightly and also the more the solution is in mist form, the more essential the need is for a more open area and extraction units when tanning (even though this is recommended to everyone ) :)

I used to use loads of tan :eek: probably around 80-120ml per person, because! I was trying to spray the clients 'brown' I've since realised it's not necessary!

I now do 1 full coat, then a second (very quick) mist over front of face down front of arms & down front of legs. Ive no problems doing this & I only use approx 40ml per client.

Also make sure your dial is turned down, (not sure what machine you have?) I have a ts20, my dial is set between the 8/9 which is perfect setting for me. x

It really is just a case of trusting yourself,

150ml is waaay too much! The recommended is 50ml but most use about 40ml. I would definitely turn your dial down. It IS easier to spray with the dial turned right up so it's tempting as you don't have to be so close and can do it quicker - but you DO lose money that way.

Hope this helps!

This is exactly what I am doing, standing too far away but doing a quick and good tan. Spot on thank you :)

you should be only using 50 ml no more on your client , i bet your clients are dripping wet :sad:

Don't worry my clients aren't dripping wet at all. I think I must be standing too far away. Thanks anyway

I used to use loads of tan :eek: probably around 80-120ml per person, because! I was trying to spray the clients 'brown' I've since realised it's not necessary!

I now do 1 full coat, then a second (very quick) mist over front of face down front of arms & down front of legs. Ive no problems doing this & I only use approx 40ml per client.

Also make sure your dial is turned down, (not sure what machine you have?) I have a ts20, my dial is set between the 8/9 which is perfect setting for me. x

It really is just a case of trusting yourself,

Thank you :£

Thanks from me too. I'll turn my dial down, stand closer. I know what you mean about trying to spray the client brown! A few more models required for me I think x

This is exactly what I am doing, standing too far away but doing a quick and good tan. Spot on thank you :)

Don't be afraid to get quite close (not too close though or that will create other problems lol) and like everyone else says, turn your dial so less solution is coming out. As long ad you can see the guide but it's not 'wet' then it's fine. Good luck , have fun! Xx

Latest posts

Back