Silicone lined vs non silicone lined copper tubes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.R

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
For those of you that use copper tubes, do the non silicone lined ones last? Also, do you find it better to fit them with mini tips or normal stick tips? I'm having a lot of requests for these lately, but the 'non silicone' lined ones make me feel a little nervous. Any tips and advice would be super appreciated.
Xxx

I only use non silicone lined as I find them easier to apply than silicone lined (don't know why just less fiddly) I get them from solobonds. Never had any problems and they last so it's easier to for maintenance later on :)

Thanks for the reply hun. the non lined ones certainly look a lot less bulkier, so would be more ideal, I'm just worried about their longevity. I know you're meant to squeeze in the middle, top bottom and sides, but I've only ever fitted the Angelslocks before ( no problems with them) and not worked with the copper tubes at all

Also, I've noticed that the tubes have a small lip at one end? Hardly noticeable, but I havnt seen this with the mini lox? Can anyone tell me what this is designed for? X

I asked solobonds this before and they said it was for more grip as the silicone lined don't have the lip and obviously the silicone grips better.

It made sense when they told me. Doesn't make sense now I'm explaining it lol

Ahhhh, I see. So, is the lip meant to be fitted top side up or or bottom side up? X

The stick tips slip out of non lined tubes. The softer tipped ends are fine, does that make sense? Xx

.......My brain is officially in 'disabled' mode I'm afraid as I'm trying to visualise what you mean but I'm getting nudda lol x

Sorry..... These hard tips fall out, the softer tips are almost gooey in texture. Not as hard 😁 think along the lines of flat tips but softer. This is only my experience. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422737446.962190.jpg

Got you now, thanks Hun. Makes sense as if the stick tips are too hard there's going to be nothing to create the grip that's needed xxx

Yea that's it sorry it's been a long day and my description was poor! I used the non silicone tubes with the hard tips once! Disaster they slipped within a week x

Latest posts

Back