Silk wraps......bear with me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxglove

Reaction score
I am still very new to nails, so treat me gently :).

I qualified in Manicure & Pedicure a few months ago, and am loving it! I really get a kick out of the fact that my clients comment on the improvement in condition of their nails, even after a couple of manicures - so rewarding!

I would now really like to offer silk wraps, so am currently looking into a training course. I had some put on my nails, just to try them out and was really impressed by the natural look (altghough they were a little pitted) and the stregnth they gave.

Could anybody recommend a good system to use and a good training centre? I dont just want to plough ahead without reccommedation......

Goodness - that turned into a bit of an essay didnt it !!

Thak you all:hug:

Designer Nails Fabric#... excellent wrap system, available via Hyperion (cnd).
Fabric# has 3 different viscosity resins and allows you to build a fab apex, have a look at Gigi's tutorial.
Fabric# Step by Step
hth's

Thank you for that...the tutorial is fab :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to train just in silk wraps?

Does anyone know if it is possible to train just in silk wraps?
you're welcome...

do you mean being trained just in fibreglass/silk? if so, then yes you can :D

Hiya....yes, training in just fabric/slik wraps only. Do you know where I can do this? I have just spoken to the Creative people, and they said I need to do the 5 day foundation course......

I love working with natural nails and at the moment I am still building my new business so I really dont think I have the time to train in gels at the same time as silk! I know I will really need to spend loads of time practising, so dont want to bite off more than I can chew. I really need to be realistic.

ValencianNails, do you happen to know the name of a company I can train with?

I also think I will find it easier to 'sell' silk nails to my clients too. :)

Hiya....yes, training in just fabric/slik wraps only. Do you know where I can do this? I have just spoken to the Creative people, and they said I need to do the 5 day foundation course......

do you happen to know the name of a company I can train with?
you've already spoken to them :wink2:

The Creative Nail Academy advisors would have given you all of the relevant information.
Good Luck with whatever you decide... I personally don't think you can go far wrong, they have award winning education and are a fantastic support after you've finished your initial training :D
Are they sending you out details of the courses available (their folio)?
if not then have a look on their website.

Oh, I SEE :o I got hold of the wrong end of the stick! I thought that the 5 days was for gel AND silk nails!!

They are sending me through some information, so I shall sit and read it properly. Thank you for your help :):)

Latest posts

Back