Silver hair Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
First of all I just want to learn from a bad situation. So sorry if this is too detailed and lengthy.

We have this client who is a level 2 on his ends with grey hair (maybe level 6? I'm not so good with matching my grey levels yet) and he wanted to go white silver kind of like this;
af329f1adf1a10390a5bcf443991738d.jpg

His ends had mainly been cut off and I don't think that there was much black left if at all (I hadn't started work when he applied). Now this client has been growing out his hair for quite some time to make the transition easier. He ussually comes every 2 weeks for 22/0 and 20 vol. He gets a 0 on the sides and a 1 on the top blended with a 0.5 and he hasn't been coloured for 6 weeks.

My boss isn't a colourist and colours 3 men. I usually mix any colour my boss needs and it's ussually something simple because the colour data is ussually in the computer. My boss didn't realise that Blondor and Freelights are completely different. So he used freelights with the 40vol (not sure if KP or FL). So this clients hair wasn't lightening right. It was taking forever. So My head colourist ended up adding Blondor (20vol) on top.

Once it was a little lighter we washed it off. Not because of how light it was but because of the time it's been on. Then the colourist added more bleach to the hair in the basin. I'd say the sides were a level 10 and the top was a level 9.

Colourist mixed a toner (we used KP instead of CT due to budget reasons). It was probably a level 8? I never got told what it actually was. I'm really bad at levelling my colourless tones (#apprenticeproblems). It skipped going grey though and went from yellow to green. It was really fast. I got my colourist to look at it and he said it wasn't ready. I left it for another minute or two and decided to rinse. My boss got me to shampoo because he saw the green too.

So my boss got me to bleach bath the toner out because it was too dark. It got back down to a level 9. I ended up leaving purple shampoo in this poor guys hair for 10 minutes (after recommending to my boss that we do that) and was able to get it to a nicer tone. It's still brassy but it looks better.

In my bosses defence;
1. The client is a friend and that's why he colours it.
2. My colourist wouldn't help me when I asked even though my boss gave him responsibility. My boss and I were both sort of stuck and tried our hardest to fix things.

So out of all that information what would have you done to achieve that result? If I stumble upon my boss using the wrong bleach on him again how can I fix the issue? I know technically it's my bosses responsibility but I feel responsible for whatever happens to my clients. I want to help to the best of my ability.

You go from one crazy boss to another.

As you're not qualified yet, I wouldn't start advising him what to do
AND if he doesn't know the first thing about colour (like the last boss) why snd how on earth are they meant to train you?!

I'm.seeing far to many similarities with this alleged new boss and the old one :confused:

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

But that's just it. He's not your client he's your bosses and you're still an apprentice. It's good that you notice these things but it's upto your boss at the end of the day. I think if your boss isn't s colourist he shouldn't be colouring but if anything bad does happen then that's on him not anyone else

Surely the colour tech would of coloured the hair instead of the boss, no?

Why didn't the colourist say anything to your boss?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

All this sounds very familiar. Boss coloring hair and not knowing what he is doing, putting the wrong toner on the client, etc. Also, #'s look really silly out of their original context. Try to leave them out of your everyday writing if you want to be taken seriously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

No just no.

This should be easy for you to figure out though. You were happily telling is how easy you found all your theory last week. ��

No just no.

This should be easy for you to figure out though. You were happily telling is how easy you found all your theory last week. ��

My theory hasn't touched colour yet. It's all about hydrogen bonds. I have to finish this course before going onto colour. We have 7 clusters and I am in cluster 1 of 7.

Also in regards to why my boss is colouring. This is his friend and his friend likes my boss to look after his hair. He is very particular. The colorist was refusing to help because it was "not his responsibility". He basically said it was my bosses problem and that he should deal with it rather then helping the client.

Hold on a min a man with number 1 on top with number 0 on the sides? Wtf is difficult about colouring hair that long anyway? I must have missed something mun!

And seriously ffs. I am here for help and you guys are just being tossers as per usual. I am asking for a colour solution. Not a "judge whatever situation I'm in". I am trying to actually learn something and get through my apprenticeship and that is why I came to a place like this. Stop feeding off drama.

oh linkles I do love you! and your posts, but damn girl you do find your self in some situations!! I really wish I could help but unfortunately I'm in beauty not hair. It sounds as though you are struggling to find supportive employment under a professional who is able to mentor and support your development properly which appears to be the root of most of your problems. Best of luck to you though and I do hope one day you get employed by someone who does know what they are doing and/or doesn't affiliate with gangsters -and fair play for sticking in there - most people would have thrown in the towel if they went through half you did with in your quest to be a hairdresser. Sorry this post is not helpful to your question but I just wanted to say I think you're awesome xxx

And seriously ffs. I am here for help and you guys are just being tossers as per usual. I am asking for a colour solution. Not a "judge whatever situation I'm in". I am trying to actually learn something and get through my apprenticeship and that is why I came to a place like this. Stop feeding off drama.

Well they say what you dish out you get in return I believe it's called the law of attraction!? Your constant dramas have brought us to a point of utter disbelief!

Your boss... Is your boss.... YOU are an apprentice! Stop trying to run the show and do as your told! I would be very angry if my juniors were running round undermining my skills asking geeks for advice on MY clients! Seriously you need to remember your place in the salon, your both bosses have years of experience on you and you continuously act like you know better or can do or can make it better, you don't even have colour knowlege yet and are undermining your employer, don't act like were all being harsh when your constantly spewing endless unbelievable stories!

I hope you don't have that sort of attitude in the salon, another case of an apprentice thinking theyre vidal sassoon

Thanks I really needed that. Yesterday was a pretty bad day. I am starting to think I am cursed. We have a team of 3 which was 5 a few weeks ago. One of our stylists had a car accident and because he was on a working visa he was deported. Another stylist had to go work on a farm for his visa. We have a new girl starting Wednesday. She is a loreal qualified hairdressing teacher. So things are looking up. This job is 100% better then the last one and my boss is great. I think he was just thrown under the bus due to this being a close friend who demanded he did their hair.

Well they say what you dish out you get in return I believe it's called the law of attraction!? Your constant dramas have brought us to a point of utter disbelief!

Your boss... Is your boss.... YOU are an apprentice! Stop trying to run the show and do as your told! I would be very angry if my juniors were running round undermining my skills asking geeks for advice on MY clients! Seriously you need to remember your place in the salon, your both bosses have years of experience on you and you continuously act like you know better or can do or can make it better, you don't even have colour knowlege yet and are undermining your employer, don't act like were all being harsh when your constantly spewing endless unbelievable stories!

Look I get where you are coming from but my boss doesn't know colour. He has told me this.

I also asked him if I could do my own personal research on a forum and he said that would be best and that we should all take this as a learning experience.

I fail to see how I am undermining my employer.

If I thought that I would be posting photos of my work or posting things everyday.

The thing that is really frustrating is that my old work was a really bad place filled with sexual harrasment, bullying and drama. This job is really good. I am involved in fashion shows and more. It's a fun job with great people and ussually we don't have any issues (hence why I am not posting daily threads). I had a lot going on before and I wish you guys could let it go. My old salon is a place that I don't want to dwell on. I would rather forget that place. So can you guys please stop bringing it up. All salons can have bad days and things can go wrong but this salon is actually great.

If I thought that I would be posting photos of my work or posting things everyday.

The thing that is really frustrating is that my old work was a really bad place filled with sexual harrasment, bullying and drama. This job is really good. I am involved in fashion shows and more. It's a fun job with great people and ussually we don't have any issues (hence why I am not posting daily threads). I had a lot going on before and I wish you guys could let it go. My old salon is a place that I don't want to dwell on. I would rather forget that place. So can you guys please stop bringing it up. All salons can have bad days and things can go wrong but this salon is actually great.

Your life sounds great apart from;

- Mafia connections
- the homeless dude in your room
- your over sexed boss
- work farms (whatever the hell that is)
- being mocked for being vegan

And the mother of all

The potential of being fed meat by your boss!

Would make a terrific novel!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm very happy to hear that your settled and happy in your new salon... I would gladly drop the old salon stories too... I would also suggest you get professional counsiling to help you deal with it all too....
However the ott theme is definatley being continued here, tell your boss that I think from a professional point of view it's very unprofessional to even consider allowing your junior to research about a colour because "you don't know colour" the way you tell your stories Linkles just makes it laughable honestly, don't forget your the one starting these threads

I'm very happy to hear that your settled and happy in your new salon... I would gladly drop the old salon stories too... I would also suggest you get professional counsiling to help you deal with it all too....
However the ott theme is definatley being continued here, tell your boss that I think from a professional point of view it's very unprofessional to even consider allowing your junior to research about a colour because "you don't know colour" the way you tell your stories Linkles just makes it laughable honestly, don't forget your the one starting these threads

I am the one starting them and I probably give too much information. It's just really frustrating that whenever I try to post people are like "remember this" "oh that's just like that".

Also I just think you're a junior in the salon not a stylist, so I think you're running before you can walk, take a step back and help the salon run smoothly by cleaning shampooing and client care etc.

Your life sounds great apart from;

- Mafia connections
- the homeless dude in your room
- your over sexed boss
- work farms (whatever the hell that is)
- being mocked for being vegan

And the mother of all

The potential of being fed meat by your boss!

Would make a terrific novel!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

The farm work is a thing in Australia. If you are from Europe and you are here for a certain amount of time on a working visa you need to work on a farm for I believe it is 3 months to get your next visa. My boss couldn't sponsor my stylist so they had to do it (my boss is already sponsoring someone). He has to pick avocados to stay in Australia. Bless him.

I had one boss who was sexually harassing.

The homeless dude was a lie on my room mates part.

The gang guy is from my old work and I would rather not drag up things like that. The way my old boss treated me was cruel. I would rather forget that place and move on.

Latest posts

Back