Skin breakout-urgent almost life threatening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
I rarely get spots but this morning I've woke up with 3 massive site papules. They are ridiculous, I'm close to naming them.
I'm out for a big night away Saturday so I need them gone!
Any home tips or amazing products I can get?xx

I rarely get spots but this morning I've woke up with 3 massive site papules. They are ridiculous, I'm close to naming them.
I'm out for a big night away Saturday so I need them gone!
Any home tips or amazing products I can get?xx
Lol! It's awful when yourspots have their own post code isn't it :eek:

My tried and tested remedy for spots, especially the large painful ones is NEVER to prod, squeeze, pick or try and draw anything out of them using face masks. The inflammation is deep deep down in the skin and the more you fiddle, the greater the chance of inflaming them further.

I wash my face using a soap-free facial wash, then apply neat tea tree oil (the essential oil and not a diluted one) directly onto the spot with a cotton bud, up to 4 times a day. Try not to get the oil on the surrounding skin as it can be quite drying. I then apply a light moisturiser and LEAVE WELL ALONE. I find that after a day or so, they subside nicely and generally go away without leaving any marks on the skin.

I had an absolute monster coming up right in the centre of my chin a couple of months ago....seriously I looked like Desperate Dan and was off to London for the weekend. It came up on Wednesday and was gone by Friday....honest!

I can't promise it will work for you but this definitely works for me.

Good luck
PB
x

Try dermalogica overnight clearing gel works wonders on breakouts ;-)

Tea Tree Oil is a saviour! I also swear by a sunbed to dry spots out - but of course i am not recommending this :) drink plenty of water too. Hope they take the hint and give you peace for Saturday xxx

Thank you for suggestions! I'm currently sat with toothpaste on them lol! Crazy idea but was first thing I found!
I'm going to get tea tree oil first thing in the morning, fingers crossed!!
And I also agree with the sunbed theory, maybe a cheeky one tomorrow will help!xx

Lol! It's awful when yourspots have their own post code isn't it :eek:

My tried and tested remedy for spots, especially the large painful ones is NEVER to prod, squeeze, pick or try and draw anything out of them using face masks. The inflammation is deep deep down in the skin and the more you fiddle, the greater the chance of inflaming them further.

I wash my face using a soap-free facial wash, then apply neat tea tree oil (the essential oil and not a diluted one) directly onto the spot with a cotton bud, up to 4 times a day. Try not to get the oil on the surrounding skin as it can be quite drying. I then apply a light moisturiser and LEAVE WELL ALONE. I find that after a day or so, they subside nicely and generally go away without leaving any marks on the skin.

I had an absolute monster coming up right in the centre of my chin a couple of months ago....seriously I looked like Desperate Dan and was off to London for the weekend. It came up on Wednesday and was gone by Friday....honest!

I can't promise it will work for you but this definitely works for me.

Good luck
PB
x

Desperate dan is exactly why I look like crossed with nanny McPhee xx

Savlon cream can work to stop them becoming infected. Good luck x

Woke up with more today!!!!!! God give me strength!!

Have you changed your skin care, shampoo or washing powder? You could changing your pillow cover every other night and turn it in-between. Have you got good skin care products? A high frequency facial or a course off skin peels will help X.

Edited-Just saw on another thread you use Nivea face wipes. They will be the culprit as they leave an oily residue on the skin. You need a cleanser to wash away the makeup not just smear it around with an emollient. If you can't give up the wipes use a warm flannel after x

Last edited:
Try sudocreme Hun - I swear by it!!! X

Have you changed your skin care, shampoo or washing powder? You could changing your pillow cover every other night and turn it in-between. Have you got good skin care products? A high frequency facial or a course off skin peels will help X.

Edited-Just saw on another thread you use Nivea face wipes. They will be the culprit as they leave an oily residue on the skin. You need a cleanser to wash away the makeup not just smear it around with an emollient. If you can't give up the wipes use a warm flannel after x

Haven't changed anything, I use a cleanser in the morning.
Used Nivea for a while now, maybe ill need to change. What do you use?
I've put tea tree on a fair few time today lol xx

Use quinoderm you buy it over the counter from the pharmacist and it is amazing... I've used various products and this was prescribed to me by a dermatologist.. It stings a Little when you first use it but it subsides after a couple of minutes..and even the huge inflamed spots go down over night ..

I think ill just have to cut my head off xx

Blimey you're all so good, I'd definitely have squeezed, poked and prodded by now! Then used savlon and probably squeezed a few more times.
Hope they clear by the weekend for you :)

I get more spots if I change contraceptive, maybe this could be the same for you. If all fails bare minerals concealer is a good cover up!! X

Try taking an allergy tablet. I take cetirizine hydrochloride, which is your basic hayfever esque tablet. If this is completely out of the norm for you it could be a reaction to something. If you can take allergy tablets problem free then I can't see it hurting. The cheap stuff from Superdrugs/Boots contains the same ingredient in the same quantity as the pricey brands. They all generally say on the box that they are suitable for skin allergies.

A trick I've tried and that works (but is done at your own risk) is to crush up half a dispersible aspirin, add a drop or 2 of water to mix into a paste and apply to the offender/s. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off. Be careful, plenty of people cannot take aspirin (generally asthmatics), if you can't take it internally you can't use it on your skin either. It contains high levels of salicylic acid which is why it works.

I use topical prescription acne treatments, so if it does continue, go see your GP.

Try Dermalogica spot concealing treatment or overnight clearing gel they are both amazing products

I get more spots if I change contraceptive, maybe this could be the same for you. If all fails bare minerals concealer is a good cover up!! X

I had a coil fitted around 6 months ago and now I'm starting to think maybe its connected! It was the one with hormones in so possibly that!!
Well that's coming straight out lol!

Try taking an allergy tablet. I take cetirizine hydrochloride, which is your basic hayfever esque tablet. If this is completely out of the norm for you it could be a reaction to something. If you can take allergy tablets problem free then I can't see it hurting. The cheap stuff from Superdrugs/Boots contains the same ingredient in the same quantity as the pricey brands. They all generally say on the box that they are suitable for skin allergies.

A trick I've tried and that works (but is done at your own risk) is to crush up half a dispersible aspirin, add a drop or 2 of water to mix into a paste and apply to the offender/s. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off. Be careful, plenty of people cannot take aspirin (generally asthmatics), if you can't take it internally you can't use it on your skin either. It contains high levels of salicylic acid which is why it works.

I use topical prescription acne treatments, so if it does continue, go see your GP.

I'm going to give that a go tomorrow!
The size has reduced bit just big red marks now! I'm going to take a picture for you all to meet my new friends ;) xx

Notice in enter if brows cheek and chin! Oh ignore the black eyes I have a 2 year old with night terrors lol!xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358455133.737718.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358455133.737718.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,440

Latest posts

Back