Skin Cancer & Sunbeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have said it before and I will say it again.

There are not any guarantees in life that by tanning you will get cancer..or not. Common sense and moderation are the keys to it.

Kim did not have neither in my opinion (sorry kim :hug:) She was what we called a tan goddess with a obsession going 2 times a day :eek: .
I tan once a week , Feb thru June then I am done. I use common sense and wear a sunscreen and put a towel over my face, and do not use tan enchantments or accelerators.
I do use a fake tan on my face for aging reasons.

Holy heck batman, even doctors give Prescriptions for those who have skin conditions to tan and they also prescribe light therapy which give off the uv rays for depression as we need these rays for Vitamin A.

So where is the common sense that the actual studies say that every time you get in a car and drive..you have a 20% chance of getting killed.
Common sense says don't drive. Are you going to stop driving?

Every time you step in a shower or bathtub, you have a 50% chance of falling and seriously injuring yourself to the point of changing your life style.
Common sense once again says don't step in a shower or bathtub.
Are you going to stop showering and bathing?
50% is a lot greater than the odds of getting skin cancer from tanning sensibly.

Did you know that the deodorants that the majority of the population uses contains aluminum and it causes cancer also? Lymphoma. Very deadly!

and another one, just walking outside in the sunshine can give you skin cancer whether you are wearing a hat or sunscreen, you are still getting some Uv rays. Are you going to stay shut inside because of that?
Well now , common sense says to.

So just because it NEARLY all natural, is there a guarantee that it will not ever cause skin cancer in someone down the line in life?

I could go on and on with this, but it really is quite pointless debating it. You see it your way..I see it mine. We will agree to disagree.

I will deal with it IF I ever get skin cancer from tanning beds or wait, it just might come from the makeup I use or the skin care I use.

With the greatest respect Jayne, your statistics are ridiculous! Where did you get them from?

Here in the UK, it is a one in several million chance of getting killed in your car. According to your statistics one in five people in America get killed every time they get in their car??? Your population must be dwindling!

And for every 100 times I have a shower, 50 of those times I fall over and seriously injur myself? That would mean I would seriously injur myself every other day with shower-related catastrophes....

I don't think you can compare sunbeds (which are not necessary to have a normal life), to showers and transport (which are necessary to have a normal life).

Also, it is Vitamin D that the body can produce with exposure to UV light, not Vitamin A.

I think if something is proven bad for a human being to do, and it isn't an essential part of living, then we should limit or stop doing those things.

:green:

When the cancer link to sun beds first came out I did a bit of research and was very relived to find out the way I had been using the beds was ok. I used to go about 12 to 16 times from the end of Feb to the end of May just to get rid of the milk bottle look. But as a by the way, I do know why they are addictive. Its nothing to do with the tan, its to do with SAD. My doc used to run a happy clinic in the winter months for his depressed patients and all it involved was sitting in a room with these special day light or sun light bulbs and having a cup of tea twice a week all through the winter, his results for lifting depression were remarkable, all to do with the amount of sunlight that gets to that bit in the brain and the sun beds do the same thing so for peeps who are pron to SAD there is a link to getting addicted to sun beds because the brain likes getting its sunlight fix. So if like the lady who started this thread you find you realy miss your sun bed, the answer is to get yourself those day light bulbs and make sure that you spend your evening sitting under one:lol:

I just feel very sad that sun beds ARE still popular in the UK,and thats a fact.

I have to agree with Amy on this point and feel its not a "normal" part of life.

Surely your health is far more important than being brown...just because you are tanned it gives you confidence...that strts from within like all beauty...hey that could be another thread entirely:lol:

Im not going to talk about statistics...all i know is that sun besd ARE damaging,whatever the statistics,and should be stopped...the only true,safe colour is a fake one.

Latest posts

Back