Skin Geeks - red veins on face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHS

Reaction score
Hi Skin Geeks,

I need a little advice please.
I have a few small, what I can only describe as, tiny burst blood vessels on my face, lie little spider veins things.

Is there any product that will banish or at least reduce theses please.

I have tried the Calming Dermalogica facial and was given a few sample sachets to try before I bought the full size, this did help but left my face with very dry Red patches, so I'm assuming its too strong??? I don't know.

Can you please suggest anything else I can try please :Love:

These sound like broken capillaries..dont exfoliate over them or use harsh products on them (not that you do) but I think , and someone correct me if im wrong, that you need to have laser to get rid of them. To cover them up use a green concealor under your foundation. :)

Thank you Sarah, broken capillaries, yes they were the words I was looking for haha, I am hiding them away most of the time under make-up. but now summer is on its way, I want to try to avoid caking on the foundation - but it looks like that could be my only option other than laser *sighs* thank you anyway :)

I think Sarah is right, once these little capillaries have burst, that it. There isn't much we can do about them.

If you went to a SK:N Clinic, or somewhere similar they should be able to zap them for you, but I think any procedure like this is pretty expensive.

A good concealer should do the trick, I like Clinique Airbrush Concealer, which doesn't feel too cakey.

Best wishes xx

Thank you Sarah, broken capillaries, yes they were the words I was looking for haha, I am hiding them away most of the time under make-up. but now summer is on its way, I want to try to avoid caking on the foundation - but it looks like that could be my only option other than laser *sighs* thank you anyway :)

Be very careful with the laser treatment. I had some broken thread veins around my nose (that nobody could probably see but me!). Anyway I had laser and it got rid of them and was amazing. Couple of years later I noticed a few had appeared again so I had laser treatment again (different salon) and they scarred me by going too deep with the needle and telling me to put Nivea cream on afterwards (I ended up with a bad infection). It's only now, 6 years later, that the scars are a lot less visible. As I was trying to hide the scars (instead of the thread veins after all that!) I was recommended to use Glo Minerals Camouflage concealer. This is a really lightweight mineral concealer and I'm sure it would hide your veins if you don't want to go down the laser route. If you do go for the laser treatment just research the salon and therapist very well as it is your face at risk after all. Good luck x

NEEDLES??!! :Scared: no thank you haha - Thank you ladies, looks like its concealer then and I'll just have to accept the fact i'm over *coughs* 21 and will just have to deal with it :biggrin:

Electrolysis can be very successful for treating thread veins and spider naevi, and is generally much cheaper than laser. If you use the Sterex find a salon locator and look for one that does ACP near you, then you'll have the details of a very good practitioner, as their training in this is absolutely amazing!

The Sterex Electrolysis International Ltd website. Providing you with all you need to know about Sterex products, Electrolysis and Epilation as well as current news and articles

Edited to say - you've just posted that you don't like needles, so probably not the solution for you!

Eve Taylor's soothing range really helped with the redness or my Mum's broken capillaries, also a bit of green concealer before your foundation helps x

It sounds like your skin may be a little sensitive with the reaction you had using the Dermalogica product.

May I suggest Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish? It is a beautiful and very gentle wash-off cleanser that removes makeup too. It is very creamy, you massage it on to your face and remove with a muslin cloth and hot water.

This is not going to remove the broken capillaries but it won't aggregate your skin any further which can only help in preventing any more irritations.

Best wishes xx

No Martin I don't - they scare me more than Spiders haha

Thank you Amy :biggrin:

Thank you PowderPuff I thought my face was tough as old boots - but obviously it has a different opinion to me.

I'll do a bit of research on all the product you have all mentioned

Thank you all again XX

Don't exfoliate at all over the area of broken capillaries that includes rough cloths (Muslim cloths/ flannels) as it will only aggravate them further, which samples were you given from the Dermalogica ultra calming range? The range itself is for sensitized/ environmentally damaged skins, but I'm just wondering if you were given a sample of the Ultra calming masque? Only asking as this has been discontinued due to some people having reactions to it (myself included) a faulty batch I think. I have broken capillaries on my cheeks so I avoid any mechanical scrubs x

Don't exfoliate at all over the area of broken capillaries that includes rough cloths (Muslim cloths/ flannels) as it will only aggravate them further, which samples were you given from the Dermalogica ultra calming range? The range itself is for sensitized/ environmentally damaged skins, but I'm just wondering if you were given a sample of the Ultra calming masque? Only asking as this has been discontinued due to some people having reactions to it (myself included) a faulty batch I think. I have broken capillaries on my cheeks so I avoid any mechanical scrubs x

Hi, I was bought a voucher for a facial for my birthday and after the skin mapping she advised the Ultra calming range facial.
I think it was the serum, she gave me about 6 little sachets to try before buying the full size, but my face ended up looking like a had patches eczma scattered over my face :(

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I was bought a voucher for a facial for my birthday and after the skin mapping she advised the Ultra calming range facial.
I think it was the serum, she gave me about 6 little sachets to try before buying the full size, but my face ended up looking like a had patches eczma scattered over my face :(

It sounds like the concentrate, which shouldn't give you dry patches we is it during & after skin resurfacing treatments :( what is your skin like normally is it already quiet sensitive? Sometimes less is more if it is, literally a gentle soothing cleanser to use with damp cotton pads and possibly just redness relief &/ or barrier repair. I don't use the ultra calming mist if my skins is especially sensitive certain days as even that can sting a little. X

I can normally slap anything on it, it did calm down the little 2 blood vessels though, but erupted something else lol,

I can normally slap anything on it, it did calm down the little 2 blood vessels though, but erupted something else lol,

Did you go back to the therapist when you reacted to one of the products? If not it would be a good idea as the therapist will be able to re analyse your skin or know which product may have caused that x

It was the serum stuff in the sachets, I stopped using it, the dry patches varnished, tried once more and started again :-(
I did mention yes, said it was probably too strong for me x

Needles is diathermy, IPL/Laser is totally different, we use both for thread viens depending on the size but the most effective is the IPL/laser in my opinion.
Xx

Latest posts

Back