Skin numbing creams for waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never advise drinking alcohol before waxing. It can make the skin more sensitive to waxing. It may also increase redness after waxing.

I am looking for a solution to ingrown hairs for myself and 1 particular wax client I have, during my research I found PFB do a numbing cream for use before waxing (as well as an ingrown hair product), this product is interesting to me as I have 1 friend who has her bikini done regularly but always finds it a very painfull experience (she doen't come to me for waxing as she feels uncomfy at the thought of me doing that treatment on her, which I understand).

If there is a product that will help to minimise the pain felt by someone you treat then surely there is no harm in telling a client about it.

Ingrown hair treatment. PFB Vanish ingrown hair treatment official UK website
I have tried this numbing cream and it made no difference whatsoever, complete waste of money.

I used something called No Scream Cream- Relax and Wax when I had a bikini wax in America once.... they sold it to you to take home and apply before your appointment... personally it didnt work for me, sister in law said it worked for her? I think its more a marketing ploy to earn the salon a bit more money as its got a novelty name and attactive packaging. Not sure if its available in the UK

Personally I think the cream wouldn't work, I think it's what the clients think, they panic themselves over the pain!!! But the more times they get it done the easier it is, instead of shaving in-between!!!!

obviously i wouldnt advise my clients to drink alchol before, but it does works for me!

obviously i wouldnt advise my clients to drink alchol before, but it does works for me!

Sometimes I wish my cousin would come in hammered. She is a nightmare with the pain haha! :p

Latest posts

Back