Skin Truth Skincare - Any Good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally would not go with any of the budget brands like skin truth, natures way, Hive, Solutions, Salon Systems. These brands are best to stay in college or to practice on your 100 year old granny.

If you start with these brands you will always be labeled a budget salon, clients are quite savy about products nowadays. I have been to hundreds of salons who have kited there salon out beautifully, expensive sofa, nice reception desks and new kitchens for the staff. When it came to the products they had ran out of money so panicked and bought cheap brands.

What a mistake, I have heard these words so many times...

My advice is forget the kitchen and get a good skincare, the kitchen cane be bought when you have the cash to splash.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would go for eve taylors mobile kit instead. Skin truth is not very professional as clients can buy it theirselves from the local wholesalers so your retail sales will not be very good. If you get in touch with eve taylor they will send you a sample kit out as well as some info on the kits x:)

hi realisticbeauty,
do you how much the mobile kits from eve talyor are???

Hi, I totally disagree that pricier is better. I have been in the business for 15 years and have tried every range from top price to budget and with a few exceptions can say that i have generally found the cheaper products to work better!
I love skintruth products.
I dont stick with a particular range as i find certain products best from different ranges, for example, i use orly base coat but find orly top coat rubbish. A cheap top coat with hardeners keeps any budget polish on the toes witout chipping for at least 6 weeks. Ive tried opi brand and hate it, it chips so easily! I find the budget acrylic much faster setting, longer lasting and easier to work with than the more expensive ones that seem to stay soft for longer and crystalise easier.... I could go on with various examples but;
Trial and error is the only way to find out what works best for you i will never sell something in my salon that i dont think is a good product and i sell quite a lot of the skintruth range.
Test things out on hands on, busy hardworking friends and see what works the best :) x

Latest posts

Back