Skincare help - i'm so unhappy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was reaccutane I was on. They are strong tablets, but if you are careful and follow doctors advice you will be fine! It thins your skin and makes it very fragile so you have to be very careful with your skin while you are on them, like staying out of the sun and wearing sun block every day. My skin was so thin that I scratched my knee with just my nail, it cut me and scarred me! The mark is still there 6 years later! I had no other issues or problems with the tablets, and was over joyed with the results. Never had any spots since, after suffering from acne from the age of around 10.

If you want to ask me any information question on the tablets please feel free to private message me.

I've been on Roaccutane for nearly 7 years and it felt like 7 years to get on it in the 1st place! I went to my gp who tried me on about 3 different antibiotics 1st then referrerd me to the hospital. I had a really high dosage at 1st, which made the skin around my lips peel and go red (yes like heath ledger in batman) my eyes got sore, I had concentration lapses (doing my IVA at college took ages and ages) and as a vitamin A derirative (dunno if thats spelt right?) you can't get pregnant, give blood or get waxed (and watch out as Daily Microfoliant is sometimes too much for it when it's sensitive!)

But it's worth it! I have an acne skin type with those evil spots coming out from inside your skin. I still take 3-4 tablets a week. Until you appt try water, vitamins and raw carrots and apples (an apple a day lol!) And when youre on Roaccutane your skin care will all have to be 'for sensitive skin' Don't leave the house without 8 hour cream or vaseline! It takes a while to work at 1st but please don't worry, your derm should sort you out.

Latest posts

Back