Skincare products for facial?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauté.enhance

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member and I wanted to ask for some help with the products that are safe and effective to use for facial. I've seen KAESO skin care products. Has anyone used it? Is it ok?

Thanks in advance :)

I use Kaeso and I like it ... It does what it says on the tin its affordable as well and some of them smell really lush ... I like the fact there is nothing in them as well that doesnt need to be and they are not tested on animals hope this helps ;-)

I use Kaeso too, affordable & readily available & neither I or my clients have had any issues with the range. hth

If opportunity doesn't knock - build a door!

Thanks guys, I might try it for myself then. It's easier to convince my clients if I'm satisfied as well. I appreciate your time :) thanks

Anubis Barcelona - Intelligent Cosmetics from Spain. I buy these products from Koreesa Group - Koreesa Group supply the Aesthetic & Beauty Industry wholesale products, equipment and training courses. Lovely products.

I use gerards which is supplied by ellisons. You will need to do training with gerards.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why would you use a range which you used in training? I really think with skincare you need to aim higher and not just used brands that used in college. This does not just mean kaeso but other brands as well. Look for ranges that cannot be used in training but deliver excellent results as there are a few.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why would you use a range which you used in training? I really think with skincare you need to aim higher and not just used brands that used in college. This does not just mean kaeso but other brands as well. Look for ranges that cannot be used in training but deliver excellent results as there are a few.

I'll go on the assumption that you mean all colleges use low end poor quality products like Kaeso/skin truth/Priadara and the sort?

Many Colleges use Dermalogica/Eve Taylor and ive even known some to use Decleor too. Are these not high enough?

Surely that's the point though?! You use a brand you've trained with so you know exactly how to use it and what results to expect.

I havent used decleor or eve taylor so cannot comment on those brands and nor have i come across a college that uses those brands. Skin care is moving in a different direction and i feel that college only offers the absolute basics so that they are understood and then further training should be undertaken once the general course is completed so that you as a therapist are the best you can be with the most up to date training and science to support you. To me beauty training is like driving, you learn the basics whilst a learner but you really learn and know how to drive once you have passed your test.

If i had someone come to work for me and say they had only ever used the same products as their college did once they had left college and entered work i would be deeply concerned about how much they want their career and how they feel cpd isnt important and they dont strive to be the best that they can be. Whilst i appreciate that some areas in the uk can only afford basics we should be educating our clients. Ultimately what is wrong with wanting to offer the best to our clients in terms of products, our education and training and treatments and i personally feel you are not doing that with 'training brands'

I didn't train with Kaeso, I chose them as a budget range, I should add that as a fully qualified aromatherapist I offer a luxury facial where I mix the blend on site & add to base ingredients. However not everyone wants or can afford this, therefor I wanted a range which was kind to the skin but easy on the wallet (I'm also in 1st 6 months of my business so money is tight). This range suits my budget & my clients. And I resent it being implied that I don't care about my career because I use a certain range!

If opportunity doesn't knock - build a door!

I havent used decleor or eve taylor so cannot comment on those brands and nor have i come across a college that uses those brands. Skin care is moving in a different direction and i feel that college only offers the absolute basics so that they are understood and then further training should be undertaken once the general course is completed so that you as a therapist are the best you can be with the most up to date training and science to support you. To me beauty training is like driving, you learn the basics whilst a learner but you really learn and know how to drive once you have passed your test.

If i had someone come to work for me and say they had only ever used the same products as their college did once they had left college and entered work i would be deeply concerned about how much they want their career and how they feel cpd isnt important and they dont strive to be the best that they can be. Whilst i appreciate that some areas in the uk can only afford basics we should be educating our clients. Ultimately what is wrong with wanting to offer the best to our clients in terms of products, our education and training and treatments and i personally feel you are not doing that with 'training brands'

I think you're missing the point here.....
The brands I mentioned arent 'training' brands, they are full Professional brands that many colleges have opted to use to give their students a good start with their careers.

Its not a case of students using them at college and they know it all, they learn the basics of the products and a more simplified selection.
We only give students a small amount of info with our Eve Taylor Discovery Training, they dont get to learn about the advanced products and our advanced techniques that we teach in our Post Graduate Classes.
Dermalogica are the same with their Partnership training. And seeing as they are classed as the worlds No1 Professional skin care brand its hardly a lower end training brand is it.

Its fine if you wish your potential employees to have experience with numerous brands, but just look into what brands are what and what level they are before you assume they are low down college products

I'm starting a level 2 beauty course in Darlington and they defo use Dermalogica products which really impressed me.

i have been looking at facial brands for my new salon opening and i needed something affordable asi am predominantly nails at the moment and adding beauty when i move into salon. I am starting off with a few facials to see how they go and then add more facials later on.

I have used many facial brand over the years but none of those i could afford to open an account. I didnt persoanally want to buy a range from ellisons etc either as some of my clients are in the beauty/hair industry and have access to those. I have had samples from AHAVA and DR RENNAUD both of which are nice but different products and competitively priced. I think i am going with AHAVA as it suits what i am going to offer.

hth

I use kaeso and love them. I was trained at college in dermalogica but didn't rate the products myself.

At the college i go to i use kaesoI and dermalogica. I love the smell of kaesol and I think it's nice to use as well xxx

I see what you mean. This is why I get anxious about whether or not an employer will be supportive of me wanting to do product training because facial companies won't allow you to enter yourself for the training (unlike nail companies where you can enter yourself for training and thus take responsibility for your own career professional development.

I aim to train in most things further than I have done at college because it's (for me) about learning new things and being able to show that you've been proactive post college.

I'll go on the assumption that you mean all colleges use low end poor quality products like Kaeso/skin truth/Priadara and the sort?

Many Colleges use Dermalogica/Eve Taylor and ive even known some to use Decleor too. Are these not high enough?

Some colleges use Decleor?! Wow! Love it :)

Do the students get sent on full Decleor training or does a rep come in and award a workshop certificate of attendance? My college did this for Dermalogica :)

I use gerards which is supplied by ellisons. You will need to do training with gerards.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you tell me more about Gerard's treatments/training/costs please? I am looking at taking this brand on myself :)

Some colleges use Decleor?! Wow! Love it :)

Do the students get sent on full Decleor training or does a rep come in and award a workshop certificate of attendance? My college did this for Dermalogica :)

There are some videos on YouTube of West Cheshire College and they used Decleor for their facial training. I believe they now use another brand......

I cant comment on what Decleor do if a college takes them on but any students that get to use a fab brand like that for training are very lucky indeed.

As a company we at Eve Taylor visit colleges and give training days which are awarded with Certificates.
We have just rejigged our training and now give the students a small amount of information which is based more on the benefits of products to encourage them to sell more.
Once fully qualified they can then attend our full Product Knowledge training

Latest posts

Back