Sky Movies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
As my hubby is unemployed at the mo we are trying to cut back on things that are not a necessity so...
I contacted sky to cancel the movies package, she was very pushy asking why, even tho we explained at the start of the call. She kept repeating herself 'why, it's only £12 a month'. Anyway, she then said that if we cancel, all the movies that we have recorded will be deleted but some may remain. This I couldn't understand. Is this the case or was she trying to get us to keep the movie package? x

As my hubby is unemployed at the mo we are trying to cut back on things that are not a necessity so...
I contacted sky to cancel the movies package, she was very pushy asking why, even tho we explained at the start of the call. She kept repeating herself 'why, it's only £12 a month'. Anyway, she then said that if we cancel, all the movies that we have recorded will be deleted but some may remain. This I couldn't understand. Is this the case or was she trying to get us to keep the movie package? x

No idea, but I take it you have Internet? Do any friends have movies? I don't pay for movies and soon will cancel sky all together, my laptop is hooked up to my tv and I use that to watch sky moves and soon for all of sky. All you need is a computer hooked to tv and a friends sky Id and password you can also get sky desktop to download movies or programmes to watch later xoxo

It's true if you have recorded a movie on one of the movie channels then cancel your subscription that move will go to.

I cancel my movies every 3 months and always get a 'offer' usually half price for the next 3 months. This time I got the package half price for 6 months.

They will try not thing to keep you!

Yea it probably is true, otherwise people would record movies then cancel the subscription, and anyway £12 is £12!

Yes I'm sure it is true because on the free 3D days on sky we recorded some things and now we can't view them at all. I hate sky on the phonelines, so pushy! In the past we've gone on and off sky sports (depending on boxing and football) and when we cancel they always get so pushy and sometimes very shirty. Be prepared to be billed for the month after you cancel, that always happened with us when we cancel sports. Keep an eye on your bill as we once got billed twice on the month we cancelled!

my sky wasn't working properly and when I spoke to them about it they wanted €100 to send out a technician, which I refused to pay.
I had got sky sports half price over the xmas but had to give 1 months notice to cancel it.
I waited till the time was up to give them the notice and told them I wanted to cancel the whole of sky....
By magic a tech was sent out for €10....and 20% given to me off my package.

threaten to quit and they will bend over backwards for you

That's a pity as we have some good films on there. We did have it half price for 6 months, ph to cancel then we were offered the 6 months again but as he's not working then we have to cut back. I have to say the woman was a nightmare to talk to. She was a rambler who rambled on about anything and everything. We were on the ph for just over an hour and I honestly wanted to hang up. We even thought of cancelling as our Tv has freeview built in but with sky there is a better choice. Hopefully he will get work soon. Thank you xx

No idea, but I take it you have Internet? Do any friends have movies? I don't pay for movies and soon will cancel sky all together, my laptop is hooked up to my tv and I use that to watch sky moves and soon for all of sky. All you need is a computer hooked to tv and a friends sky Id and password you can also get sky desktop to download movies or programmes to watch later xoxo
I do have Internet but to be honest I'm not that bright when it comes to technology. Would sky not know if that ID and password were being used at 2 different locations? x

my sky wasn't working properly and when I spoke to them about it they wanted €100 to send out a technician, which I refused to pay.
I had got sky sports half price over the xmas but had to give 1 months notice to cancel it.
I waited till the time was up to give them the notice and told them I wanted to cancel the whole of sky....
By magic a tech was sent out for €10....and 20% given to me off my package.

threaten to quit and they will bend over backwards for you

Not always. I think they realised people do it. A friend of mine phoned to cancel just to get a cheaper deal to find the person went "ok, that's done for you, have a nice day" and hung up. Xoxo

Not always. I think they realised people do it. A friend of mine phoned to cancel just to get a cheaper deal to find the person went "ok, that's done for you, have a nice day" and hung up. Xoxo

I wonder has your friend rang them up before? That was the first time I did so maybe that's why

I wonder has your friend rang them up before? That was the first time I did so maybe that's why

No, but I've called them up numerous times. Iv never paid a call out, demanded cable and a dish as a replacement for the one that was taken after I gave strict instruction to leave it, got a full reel of cable and a new dish for telling them I owned the dish and they stole it, had them out to see why anytime plus was t working and got 3 replacement routers. Threatened cancellation 4 times and I'm now going to go for a free anytime wireless thing.
I think accepting cancellations now and again are to frighten the masses xoxo

Sky do know how many people use the online service. They only allow it to be used on 2 or 3 devices max (i forget how many as we only use iton 2). Also I would feel very cheeky asking a friend for their passwords when they are paying for Sky so I can use it for free?

I know my brother and sister use my dads sky account online, but thats because they are in uni and so unable to get sky in their accom.

Sky do know how many people use the online service. They only allow it to be used on 2 or 3 devices max (i forget how many as we only use iton 2). Also I would feel very cheeky asking a friend for their passwords when they are paying for Sky so I can use it for free?

I know my brother and sister use my dads sky account online, but thats because they are in uni and so unable to get sky in their accom.

It's 4 devices, and I used it as a bartering tool with my au t to set up her anytime plus. My phone,
Laptop and my cousins phone so far, just my pc to set up.
If I don't make her password she wouldn't be able to use online checks xoxo

I would get rid of Sky altogether, I would never pay for TV when Freeview exists now! I'm not a huge TV watcher but I have a Freeview recorder for the odd thing that I do like watching and will miss. I am often shocked to hear how much people pay for a TV package.

Latest posts

Back